radar pings - how to detect via JS API?

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Re: radar pings - how to detect via JS API?

Post by Searge-Major »

Per wrote: As for satellite uplink - I did not know that it counted as a sensor. I'm inclined to think that is a mistake.
At least in 2.3.9 and before, the sat uplink IS a sensor, and fully upgraded has a range of 27, which is 0.5 more than WSS. :shock:

You can also assign artillery to it as with other sensors. :ninja:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: radar pings - how to detect via JS API?

Post by aubergine »

I just went in to cheat mode and entered "sensors" command and I can confirm that it does act as a sensor as well, which is pretty weird as no normal satellite uplink would do that sort of thing.

I know the game is just a game and not a simulation, but in the case of satellite uplink I think having it act as a sensor is perhaps a step too far? Is there some strategic benefit to having it act as a sensor? In the past I've always tucked it away at the back of my base to keep it out of harm's way (except from laser strikes obviously) to ensure good map visibility throughout the game.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO