JS API - AI/AI & AI/Human communication?

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
aubergine
Professional
Professional

JS API - AI/AI & AI/Human communication?

Post by aubergine »

Hi,

Are there plans for any mechanisms which will allow simple communication between allied AI players and also communications between AI and humans (either allied or all)?

In DyDo AI, there is a feature where in-game messages are used to allow human/AI communication - would be great if the JS API facilitated this sort of thing, maybe some functions/events like:

eventMessageReceived(message,scope,sender)

* message = text of the message
* scope = all (all players received that message), alliance (message was prefixed with '.'), personal (not sure if this is possible yet?)
* sender = id of player who sent the message

sendMessage(message[,scope[,player]])

If scope = personal, player must be specified otherwise it goes to whole alliance.

==========

Then there's AI/AI communication. AI's should have their own 'private' communications channel to avoid spamming humans with AI internal messaging.

eventBotMessageReceived(message,scope,player,bot)

bot = id of the ai (taken from it's .ai file). This would let me filter out chat from other AI bots, or allow me to interpret their chat differently.

sendBotMessage(message[,scope[,player]])

Pretty obvious really :)

This might give rise to a standardised lexicon between different types of AI bot! For example, because text strings are being used I'm guessing AI/AI messages would look like:

{param:value,param:value}

So eval(message) would give a JS object IIRC.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO