Script vs Script Action

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
T-C
Greenhorn

Script vs Script Action

Post by T-C »

I'm new to Warzone and I'm exploring its different aspects. I've just discovered that, according to the development wiki, the AI can be customized with a script. That's great! It raises this question:

Is it possible to pit one script against another? If so, do you guys have script vs. script competitions? I would be interested in something like that.

-TC
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Script vs Script Action

Post by Per »

Yes. This is possible in the master releases. You choose your AI in the pregame dialog. (It is also possible in 2.3.x, but with much greater difficulty.)
T-C
Greenhorn

Post by T-C »

Per,

Thanks for the tip. I just installed the master version. I see how it is possible to choose which script each AI players uses, but I don't see any way to create a game that makes one script fight against another -- every game setup seems to require at least one human player in the game. Have I misunderstood what is possible?

-TC
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Most scripts allow this if you type

Code: Select all

autogame on
For example, start with 1 human, then type that in the console.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Is there a way to control which script assimilates the human player?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

No. Eventually we should support observers for this. For now, just start with yourself as human, then use cheat mode to destroy all your buildings and units, watch the fireworks, use 'deity' to see all, then place a HQ somewhere really inaccessible if you need the minimap.

Or just leave your starting units/buildings where they are, and let the AIs fight over the real estate.

You can also use 'autogame on' as cybersphinx said to turn yourself into the Nexus AI. Note that you have to be in cheat mode for that to work, though.
T-C
Greenhorn

Post by T-C »

Per, Thanks for the explanation. I just tried it and it works great. (I had Nexus, Dydo, and Semperfi fight each other -- the result was a stalemate between Nexus and Semperfi.)

-TC