Fastplay Replacement Scripts

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Fastplay Replacement Scripts

Post by milo christiansen »

Here is a set of scripts I made for replacing the fastplay mission.

I was looking at the way cam missions work when I realized that there was no reason to use one script when two or three would work better, so these scripts are really small pieces of older scripts that I have cut up. To make a mission with these scripts one thing to remember is that you will need at least two scripts, a win/lose conditions script and a gameinit script. Other scripts are optional. There are only a few variants of each type now, but I will add more later.

Any questions? Ask them here. :)
Attachments
Script lib.zip
(15.75 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Fastplay Replacement Scripts

Post by Rman Virgil »

I went through your Script Writing Utility thread first and posted there before seeing this thread.

I asked a question in that other thread that is apropos here as well so I will just quote what i posted..

Rman Virgil wrote:.

The new .exe worked like a charm. :) As I understand what I'm seeing, it looks good and ultimately more user friendly and potent than the aforementioned WZ A.I. editors from years past.

Now the quick question that goes back to my initial assumption, subsequent cognitive dissonance and above paraphrase.

The replacement FastPlay scripts you've written to date (and any written down the road) - could these be part of the Code Library ?

I'm imagining a "Lego-like" assembly - appropriately or inappropriately is part of that question.

- Synergistically, RV :hmm:
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Rman Virgil wrote:I'm imagining a "Lego-like" assembly - appropriately
:P

Exactly :)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Rman Virgil wrote:I'm imagining a "Lego-like" assembly - appropriately

milo christiansen wrote:

:P

Exactly :)
Fabulous.... & powerful. :D

From which I stand, even more emphatically, by earlier statements :3 -

Rman Virgil wrote:........

There have been efforts over the years by folks wanting to create Mini-CAMs (6-8 Missions on 250 x 250 Map, for example) using the Main Campaign Structure that haven't much gotten off the ground because of the daunting tasks involved. This technique of yours is way more straightforward, not nearly as daunting, and I can see these same folks being able to more readily achieve their desires-goals-visions in creating this CAM mode of game play by using this Fast Play technique rather than the Main Campaign Structure. You can even do Mission Briefs using the Intelligence Reports. Very cool and innovative. :3

I can see this proliferating both as a new venue for creators and as a new entertainment for players who don't much do MP. (And there are a lot of those folks - in the past they have out-numbered MPers by a country mile at least. Guessing that has not much changed.)

Perhaps as well, a New Mini-CAM BB and a new catagory in Add Ons.

1.) The original CAM is over 10 years old & peeps over all these years have yearned for new CAM Missions to play but working to create New Missions within the CAM structure has proven too daunting. Milo's work changes all that.

2.) While we have had some outstanding SKI A.I.'s like DYDO - that gets played out because it becomes predictable & lacks the power of a narrative thrust. Milo's work will bust-out of that dual impasse.

3.) The Net MP experience as it stands is NOT for a great many fans of the game. They much prefer SKI & CAM. Again, Milo's work will address that audience by greatly facilitating the creation of fresh, new, CAM GP experience.

4.) While I deeply appreciate the value of all the new art, fixes, added features, flaME, Diorama & re-balancing milestones..... this effort of Milo's will open wide the doors to fresh & innovative WZ game play like nothing heretofore has. It's that seminal, IMHO.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo