install

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
FooTheYakWhoStrikesB
Trained
Trained

install

Post by FooTheYakWhoStrikesB »

i hear linux plays warzone. linux is like windows. no one seems to like windows 98 here. should i instal linux? its easy to instal right? where do you buy it? they have a website?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: install

Post by lav_coyote25 »

your hard ware is too old to play warzone. wont make a difference what operating system you have.

just out of curiosity - what hard ware do you have,,,,
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

There are many versions of Linux; some of them are free, some of them aren't. You should probably ask your friends for help installing Linux; it's really not something you should be doing yourself.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I heard for Puppy Linux.
Has very low hardware requirements and optimized code.
It would be perfect for replacing old Windows.
You should try it.
But if you got that computer with installed Windows 98, it is so old, and has so weak hardware that you could buy one of lower medium class netbooks, and it will have faster hardware than your desktop.
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

13KukYNexus666 wrote: But if you got that computer with installed Windows 98, it is so old, and has so weak hardware that you could buy one of lower medium class netbooks, and it will have faster hardware than your desktop.
I wrote here on forums that I want to ressurect an old near-300 Mhz Celeron Mendocino CPU (Intel onboard graphics) in the terms of wz playing :) At this time (trying with Gentoo Linux) I just have a "slideshow" and have no time to deal with this idea. Maybe next time.
So Windows 98 isn't a sentence.