Tutorial and fastplay conversion

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Tutorial and fastplay conversion

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Got to the design reticule button part which is halfway through part three of the tutorial (of five). Need eventMenuDesign() (design button pressed) and eventMenuResearchSelected() (research item selected). The latter is being simulated with a queue and structureIdle() right now.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Got to the design reticule button part which is halfway through part three of the tutorial (of five). Need eventMenuDesign() (design button pressed) and eventMenuResearchSelected() (research item selected). The latter is being simulated with a queue and structureIdle() right now.
Added in b5f8a07af0f1cbad8379dfa11724ceacc9f50ce8
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Here it is. I tried to emulate it the best I could. There are some very small differences, but it all works the same. I did change it so tutorial's design screen works like multiplayer simply so that the script's console/audio function does not remain paused during that time. I observed that the close button does not flash?

The tutorial can become more in depth later on because about half of the tutX.ogg files go unused.
0001-Convert-tutorial-.vlo-.slo-to-tutorial.js.patch
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Would be cool to see an advanced tutorial (multi-player focused). And remake "fastplay"... or dont.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Then, again, such multiplayer-focused tutorial should probably be made as a challenge, because multiplayer balance.