Would it be ok for me to edit the JS API docs?

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Would it be ok for me to edit the JS API docs?

Post by aubergine »

Would it be OK for me to fork WZ and edit the code comments that are used to auto-generate the docs, for example to tweak formatting / wording, add links to wiki pages containing examples of each feature, etc?

If so...

a) How? I see there's a way to fork a repo but are there any guides on how to submit changes back for approval?

b) Is there any docu on how to add headings, links, etc?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
dak180
Trained
Trained

Re: Would it be ok for me to edit the JS API docs?

Post by dak180 »

aubergine wrote:Would it be OK for me to fork WZ and edit the code comments that are used to auto-generate the docs, for example to tweak formatting / wording, add links to wiki pages containing examples of each feature, etc?

If so...

a) How? I see there's a way to fork a repo but are there any guides on how to submit changes back for approval?

b) Is there any docu on how to add headings, links, etc?
While you will have get formatting details from per, more general guidelines for contribution can be found in the CommitGuidelines.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Would it be ok for me to edit the JS API docs?

Post by Per »

I'd be happy to have help improving the documentation. I would prefer that it remain freestanding, though, so rather as few links to outside content as possible.

As to formatting, it is LaTeX with some special line prefixes. This is controlled from the Makefile.am in the root directory. //== is for globals, //__ for events, //-- for functions, //;; for game objects, and then everything else in doc/javascript.tex.