wz2100 on portableapps.com

Warzone 2.3.x series. (Unsupported!)
If you issue is with 3.1.x, then DON'T post here, instead use technical support
flybyray
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 01:42

wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by flybyray » 05 Feb 2011, 11:36

i heared of somebody accuses someone to cheat and this one was playing with the wz2100 version 2.3.7 from portableapps.com.

You can read on the download page:
"Publisher: PortableApps.com (Billy Ellison) and the Warzone 2100 team"

is that true? is that a official release also from wz2100.net? I checked the binaries and it seems that they are not mingw build. Is it possible that they are "optimized" or have some wrong balancing? would be nice if someone of the dev team could check that.

medusa
Trained
Trained
Posts: 175
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 01:56

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by medusa » 26 Aug 2011, 06:30

what is the story on this?
I see they have 2.3.8 also.
they have a donation button on that site do the wz|developers get money from that?

User avatar
Zarel
Elite
Elite
Posts: 5770
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 23:35
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by Zarel » 26 Aug 2011, 07:46

flybyray wrote:is that true? is that a official release also from wz2100.net? I checked the binaries and it seems that they are not mingw build. Is it possible that they are "optimized" or have some wrong balancing? would be nice if someone of the dev team could check that.
No, the PortableApps version is not an official release. We are not affiliated with them, we've never talked to them (nor do we know how to get ahold of them), and we don't know much about them except that they seem to compile their releases not too long after we release ours.

I don't think it's likely that they change anything besides compiling for the PortableApps format, though.
medusa wrote:they have a donation button on that site do the wz|developers get money from that?
No.

User avatar
effigy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1217
Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 03:21
Contact:

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by effigy » 27 Aug 2011, 02:30

Here's a couple threads will posts by people who take credit for the Papps version of wz:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3844&p=51032&hilit= ... com#p51030

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3968&p=39303&hilit= ... com#p39303
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241

medusa
Trained
Trained
Posts: 175
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 01:56

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by medusa » 28 Aug 2011, 20:44

Zarel wrote:
medusa wrote:they have a donation button on that site do the wz|developers get money from that?
No.
so they are smart enough to get money from other peoples work?
why don't you guys have a donation button then you can pay for real developers?
:lecture:

Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Posts: 3750
Joined: 03 Aug 2006, 19:39

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by Per » 28 Aug 2011, 21:23

medusa wrote:real developers?
As opposed to integer developers? O_o

Or maybe I've been developing with imaginary numbers. That would explain a few things... :hmm:

User avatar
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3434
Joined: 08 Aug 2006, 23:18

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by lav_coyote25 » 28 Aug 2011, 21:29

Per wrote:
medusa wrote:real developers?
As opposed to integer developers? O_o

Or maybe I've been developing with imaginary numbers. That would explain a few things... :hmm:
oh my god!!! i think your onto something there!!! yes, that would explain it all... :roll:

User avatar
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 749
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 21:23
Location: Perrinton Michigan

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by milo christiansen » 29 Aug 2011, 21:59

WARNING WARNING programmer joke detected :geek:
Chance medusa getting joke without help, 0%
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual

User avatar
NoQ
Special
Special
Posts: 6176
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 11:35
Location: /var/zone

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by NoQ » 30 Aug 2011, 02:56

Life is complex ...

medusa
Trained
Trained
Posts: 175
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 01:56

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by medusa » 30 Aug 2011, 05:14

milo christiansen wrote:WARNING WARNING programmer joke detected :geek:
Chance medusa getting joke without help, 0%
more like they have imaginary developers. :P

User avatar
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3434
Joined: 08 Aug 2006, 23:18

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by lav_coyote25 » 30 Aug 2011, 06:38

perhaps the hammer??? :hmm:

medusa
Trained
Trained
Posts: 175
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 01:56

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by medusa » 30 Aug 2011, 07:22

lav_coyote25 wrote:perhaps the hammer??? :hmm:
I don't think you get the joke. :roll:

Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani
Posts: 709
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 23:35

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by Cyp » 30 Aug 2011, 08:37

Aren't you a bit irrational for a "born leader"? Leadership is complex, and your leadership skills seem imaginary instead of natural. Your action must be to integrate a finite group of people, but you behave more like a free radical and are as associative as an octonion.

User avatar
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3434
Joined: 08 Aug 2006, 23:18

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by lav_coyote25 » 30 Aug 2011, 18:06

medusa wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:perhaps the hammer??? :hmm:
I don't think you get the joke. :roll:
ban hammer. no joke about that... :annoyed:

medusa
Trained
Trained
Posts: 175
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 01:56

Re: wz2100 on portableapps.com

Post by medusa » 30 Aug 2011, 19:26

lav_coyote25 wrote:
medusa wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:perhaps the hammer??? :hmm:
I don't think you get the joke. :roll:
ban hammer. no joke about that... :annoyed:
why?
has it been that long that you forgot about complex numbers? :hmm:
there is no reason to ban anyone.

Post Reply