Translation - Help/Untranslatable Words

Warzone 2.3.x series. (Unsupported!)
If you issue is with 3.1.x, then DON'T post here, instead use technical support
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Translation - Help/Untranslatable Words

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

How to put new translation that i translated into Warzone 2100?
Iam now translating from english to croatian, because i know better english even if iam 14 and I want to make more understandable to Croatian audience of W2100... :lecture:
Last edited by MetalWarrior95 on 22 May 2010, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Translation - How to put...

Post by KukY »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:How to put new translation that i translated into Warzone 2100?
Iam now translating from english to croatian, because i know better english even if iam 14 and I want to make more understandable to Croatian audience of W2100... :lecture:
You go to WZ install folder, then navigate to locale\hr\LC_MESSAGES and paste the "warzone2100.mo", not the ".po", but "*.mo", "*.po" is source, "*.mo" is compiled translation.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Cro: mogao si mi reći na Hrvatskom no hvala...
Eng: you could told me in Croatian but thanx...
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:mogao si mi reći na Hrvatskom no hvala...
ma engleski mi ide bolje od hrvatskog... a i mogo si ti prije govorit na hrvatskom :roll:
i "hrvatskom" ide malo slovo (posvojni pridjevi na -ski,-ški,-čki i slično pišu se malim slovom) :lecture:
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Re: Translation - Help/Untranslatable Words

Post by XboxJosh »

O_o
Google Translate wrote what KuKY wrote:English whenever we go better than the Croatian ... and refrain before you speak in Croatian: roll:
and "Croatian" is going a little letter (possessive adjectives in-ski, ski,-ence etc. are written in lowercase)
umm... Could you repeat that, KuKY? please? XD

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

XboxJosh wrote:O_o
Google Translate wrote what KuKY wrote:English whenever we go better than the Croatian ... and refrain before you speak in Croatian: roll:
and "Croatian" is going a little letter (possessive adjectives in-ski, ski,-ence etc. are written in lowercase)
umm... Could you repeat that, KuKY? please? XD
Ok...
I am better at English then in Croatian, and you could have spoken Croatian before... :roll:
"Croatian" is supposed to be lowercase (possesive adjectives ending on -ski, -ški, -čki and like are wrtten lowercase) :lecture:
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Post by XboxJosh »

Lol, thanks, but it was kind of a joke, poking fun at Google Translate :P

Sorry

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:How to put new translation that i translated into Warzone 2100?
Wouldn't it be best to ask the original author of the .po file?

Since you state your 14, you can't make legally binding contracts for the license, so would your work even be allowed?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Crymson wrote:
Wouldn't it be best to ask the original author of the .po file?

Since you state your 14, you can't make legally binding contracts for the license, so would your work even be allowed?
That is me.

Don't start talking about legal rights if you don't know them...
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

KukY wrote:
Crymson wrote: Wouldn't it be best to ask the original author of the .po file?

That is me.

Don't start talking about legal rights if you don't know them...
O_o
WTF you talking about? A minor is anyone under 18, and in the US, since that is where the SourceForge server is, then the law is pretty clear.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Crymson wrote:WTF you talking about? A minor is anyone under 18, and in the US, since that is where the SourceForge server is, then the law is pretty clear.
You don't make any contracts. You just submit your work without any money transfers, and for that you have to be 13 or older and you need your parents or guardians allowance.
And SourceForge must have a kind of disclaimer which makes them not have to care about it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Technically, we shouldn't accept any of your work because it isn't (and can't be for another four years) truly GPL.

Practically, we just assume you won't rescind your license within the next four years. We'd rather bend laws a bit to allow everyone to work on Warzone, than to exclude people just because of a badly thought-out law. :/
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

Does everyone here really believe that MetalWarrior95 (circa 1995) can't license his own work as GPL V2?

It's absurd, of course he can license it, just like he does for all his school work and presentations.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

TVR wrote:It's absurd, of course he can license it, just like he does for all his school work and presentations.
They are impossible to have clear licensing, as if you don't want to spend several days on it, you will have to 'steal' some copyrighted materials... That is just reality, nothing more...