Why do walls die needlessly?

Warzone 2.3.x series. (Unsupported!)
If you issue is with 3.1.x, then DON'T post here, instead use technical support
macuser
Regular
Regular

Re: Why do walls die needlessly?

Post by macuser »

well in that case there would have to be a difference between radar and line of sight. being that radar units could see past it but a reg unit could not.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

yup, pretty sure that was discussed in another thread... not sure which one, the stealth one?
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well it unit is on higher ground then it should have a look over the wall and its 2100...just 1 person per vehicle and there is no really look trought some binoculars its trought mini-radar scan of the vehicle...IC...
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

mw, its also armogeddon, until there is a research topic for that to recover the lost tech, thats not going to be an answer ^_^
but i agree on the higher ground though.
Jorakae
Greenhorn

Post by Jorakae »

3drts wrote:Any way to stop structures from firing at walls?
I'm fine with an MG bunker trying to shoot a wall with a hardpoint/tower on the other side, but shooting a wall by itself.... bleh.

I mean on the one hand, it was nice that trucks couldn't put up towers and get through a wall you put up earlier....
I also thoroughly enjoyed "hollowing out" an enemy base- destroying everything but leaving the wall, then building hardpoints or replacement wall section in gaps that had been shot in the bases walls.

The wall became a patch work of colors (and shades of darkness if remaining walls were damaged and the defeated enemy didn't have self repair tech).

I like the way it looked, the way it showed the base had been conquered, not built, by me, like raising your flag over a castle the enemy once held, rather than dismantling it brick by brick and building a new castle.

I liked using an enemy wall as part of my defenses, even if it were a wall they just built across a gap as a delay method, I'll build towers right next to it, good luck getting a truck swarm in to start dismantling walls, hehe.

Now it seems my towers would just destroy the wall I built them in front of :(

Makes it much harder to use an enemies walls against them.
I have to say, I miss this as well. Seeing the hollowed out shell of the enemy base and then reinforcing it as my own and using the enemy structures to my advantage.

It would be nice to see this come back. Not sure why you would have to worry about people walling themselves in. Planes exist don't they?
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

besides, you wall yourself in, where do you run to when your losing? xD
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

well what bout gates? like in trunk and will be in 3.0
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

emp them so they cant open ;) oooh do they have that feature?!?
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

LOL no they don't..... yet
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

that would be so much fun ^_^
Night_0wl
Greenhorn

Post by Night_0wl »

Sry to necro yet another thread, but this is still very much a current issue.

Any chance in seeing the rules reverted back the way they were before? Ofc, I enjoyed hollowing out bases just like everyone else, but the issue is much more gameplay related than that.

My defensive structures now targets walls (sometimes possibly seeming to take priority over enemy units?) and worse comes to worse, if I take over whats left of a walled in derrick ect. and have splash weapons nearby they will continue firing at the wall, destroying my newly built derricks.

Simple solution, destroy the walls... but in a very fast paced, close quarters map with other human players (like rush) I don't always have time to sit there and destroy wall targets 1 by 1 to safely (from my own forces) take over a derrick (not to mention I would hardly call if fun, more like annoying). Theres more important targets to worry about.

What do you guys think?

(all in all, I appreciate and understand the efforts(&work) to prevent the walled in strategy but here is one of those instances where I think we were left with the better of two evils. There are strategies against players who wall themselves in, and I'd much rather return to the old system.)
Night_0wl
Greenhorn

Post by Night_0wl »

Also, I believe that there was some discussion limiting line of sight (literally) and only being able to "see" certain tanks structures ect depending on height, elevation, ect. behind walls.

I am against this, keep it simple and true to the roots of the game. Its a game, not a sim... General Rules are 10x better scenario based rules where circumstances, situations, and exceptions come into play. Not to mention the possibility of opening up hundreds of new bugs/problems. Keep it simple where all rules apply always and everywhere as well as easy to understand (eg. a wall is a structure so it will extend your visibiliy range). The game already has a large enough learning curve.

Besides, I'm still having issues with units firing endlessly into terrain due to elevation issues and not manuvering to actually hit the target.