Addons search not work.

Warzone 2.3.x series. (Unsupported!)
If you issue is with 3.1.x, then DON'T post here, instead use technical support
flavitu
Rookie
Rookie

Addons search not work.

Post by flavitu »

I try to search addons for my version of game 2.3.8 but nothing results are provide by search tool on the site.

vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Addons search not work.

Post by vexed »

And why is that surprising ?
That was released when 3.x was, so, of course nothing specific to a unsupported game version would be listed there.

Search for 3.1.1 or 3.1.0 or 3.1 and you will find lots of stuff.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
flavitu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flavitu »

Probably is my mistake - I think that search tool is for search contents by version and type.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

search tool is for search contents by version and type.
Yes. Just no 2.3.8 stuff available in Add-ons.
flavitu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flavitu »

Anyone can put here some maps for 2.3.8? If this is possible I appreciate thanks.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Whats about the idea to download the newest version? :hmm:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
flavitu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flavitu »

I have problems with the last version, in my Ubuntu there are a opengl message and after close the game so I need use the old version. If I use the last version for windows via wine works well but in Ubuntu no. Always posible I prefer the Linux version, is more easy custom paths and addons that on wine.

There are other users of Ubuntu with problems on this game , I think is good if have any forum place to down some old addons if users have problems like me.

Thanks.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

flavitu wrote:There are other users of Ubuntu with problems on this game , I think is good if have any forum place to down some old addons if users have problems like me.
If your using the Software manager you will be getting a old version of warzone you need to download the latest version from warzone download links posted regularly with evvery release.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
This is the source code compile it and have fun.
PS.Update your graphics drivers
Last edited by Berg on 30 Jan 2015, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The version field in addons is the game version on which the addon was tested, approved, and hence guaranteed to work. On any other version, old or new, it may either work or not, it depends.

If you're looking for maps, many maps you find in addons would work well (and in fact were created back in 2.x time, even though this addons website didn't exist). If some maps don't work on 2.x, they were most likely have been made in such a way that they would be invisible in the map list, so it's no problem to install them anyway.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

IIRC, any non-mod map of 2, 4 or 8 players should work, unless it uses the ini stuff for some things, then, at worst, WZ will crash.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ini stuff in maps (like droid.ini instead of droid.bjo) was already supported in 2.3. But there may be another problem - the new 3.1 objectdata (fancy features like labs and grey walls and nuclear reactors, example). Then, the map *should* have been compiled as .xplayer.lev to explicitly display incompatibility with 2.3 (this one was), but FlaME doesn't verify that (unlike the case when the map is actually x-player).
flavitu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flavitu »

Thanks for your help , in effect if I download maps on addons page they dont appear on my warzone game after I put in /warzone/maps, much of them dont work because this I search for any maps for 2.3 versions. If anyone user have maps on a pack or if can upload to web I can download and use.

(In past I had a directory with much maps but recently and accidentaly I delete the directory of one of my external disks, this is my problem.)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I have a collection of 1200-1300 maps. All in .wz format. But i have to ask the admins, if it is allowed to send them in a pm via dropbox. I have a bad feeling about this. You are not the only one, who asked me for the maps. Please read the post of Berg again.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
flavitu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flavitu »

Finally I find a copy of my warzone maps on my external disks, fortunately I made two copies of this content and I find this afternoon so I can use them on my game.

Thanks for all, if anyone have my problem -cant use new version of warzone and need maps I can send maps by pm if users or developers dont see any (license) problem.

Thanks to all people that support my (question) problem.
:D