Models By Berg

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Slye_Fox
Trained
Trained

Re: Models By Berg

Post by Slye_Fox »

Yeah, it really looks like you can drive over the spikes that are visually larger than the tank.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I been goofing off with mods and I bring this one forward in mod form.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7FhRvsTs8s
if someone wants to edit the textures that would be fine I'll have a go maybe later
wz2100-20130525_195247-Sk-Rush.jpg
Attachments
derrick.wz
(824.92 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
Sparksman
New user

Post by Sparksman »

Hello Berg!

I'm using 4 of your AddOns (adv. HQ, Propulsion, Derrick, Cyborg Factory) within an freshly installed WZ2100 v3.1.0 on my Windows 7 x64 Play-Box!

According to "http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/NewFAQ ... Iinstallit" & "https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... Filesystem" I dropped your WZ-Files at the manually created directory "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\mods\autoload" an they'll be loaded fine into the game (nice wheels btw, the HQ maybe really looks somewhat futuristic... ^^)

However, if I save a new game, close WZ2100, start it again and try to load the save game, I get the follwoing error (popup + logfile):
--- Starting log [C:\Users\USER\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\logs\WZlog-0525_230208.txt]---
info |11:02:08: [realmain:1133] Using C:\Users\USER\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\logs\WZlog-0525_230208.txt debug file
popup |11:02:13: [rebuildSearchPath:422] Die benötigte Mod konnte nicht geladen werden: propulsion.wz, hq.wz, cyborg.wz, blderik.wz

Warzone wird versuchen das Spiel ohne sie zu laden.
Well, roughly translated W2100 complains that the former proper loaded WZ's can't be found, and WZ2100 tries to start with the default settings, what will at least successfully be done!

The file "gameinfo.ini" within the game save dir "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\savegames\campaign\meins_neu" contains (besides a lot of other stuff) the following line:

mods="propulsion.wz, hq.wz, cyborg.wz, blderik.wz"

Evidently without paths... if needed?

I tried the whole thing according the guides I found laying around, putting the WZ's into "X:\Programme\Warzone 2100-3.1.0\mods\autoload" and modified the Game shortcut with the additional parameter "-mod="X:\Programme\Warzone 2100-3.1.0\mods\autoload", did this also again but putting the WZ's this time into the directory "..\global" (both Game & Config Dir), but the result is always the same...

AddOns are seemingly loaded fine, as I can see the changes at HQ and wheels aso., but only when you start a new game! If this game is saved and tried to be reloaded, above mentioned error happens!

Hm, what I'm doing wrong? I really like your AddOn's, and I'd like to keep/use them also with saved games too! (btw, as you as the creator will already know, if you try to use them on an old savegame, they'll have no effect so far... at least not with my old 3.1.0 savegames )

Much thanks in advance for some inputs from down-under...

Yours

Sparksman
Last edited by Sparksman on 26 May 2013, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Berg wrote:I been goofing off with mods and I bring this one forward in mod form.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7FhRvsTs8s
if someone wants to edit the textures that would be fine I'll have a go maybe later
wz2100-20130525_195247-Sk-Rush.jpg
I think we need to add these kinds of enhancements into WZ proper, then map makers can use whatever 'style' they want to fit their theme.

This along with Xanax's mechs seem to fit together well.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

@Sparksman
As I am only new to modding I cant help you archive your goal of running saved games using mods.
But you can fudge the system a bit by making a custom warzone in you warzone folder in programs I think you will find the base.wz that’s just a zip file with a wz extension open this up and place its contents in the warzone folder, or one level down into a data folder not sure about that.
Then open the mods using the same methods and place the folder content into the appropriate folders in the unzipped base folder.
you should be able to run the game and save and reload them again this way but remember this will make that data set incompatible with online games.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

wz2100-20130526_152850-Sk-Rush.jpg
ok Back on models these are default models but we can have its full effect with a few fixing the pie files i dont know when this was deleted or why but the effects have been replaces check it out a guass cannon fortress
Use the cheat mode if you don’t wont to research it to see the effect its muzzle electric after glow when it fires.
its hard to get the effect in a screenshot but see the closes cannon it has a flashy glow arround the turret part thats the start of the effect.
Idea was started here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9628&hilit=animation#p106895 it works but you need to edit the animation and add connectors to the pie files
Also Added the cannon fortress
Anyway have fun ill edit another one soon.
Attachments
neweffect.wz
Guass cannon and cannon fortresses edited
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Last edited by Berg on 26 May 2013, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

its hard to get the effect in a screenshot
Try ctrl+- in debug mode :3
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

NoQ wrote:Try ctrl+- in debug mode :3
Yeah already had it set to slow speed and hitting f10
anyway test it out I have edited the cannon fortress effect too its looking better.
Ill upload it with that same mod it previous post
Sparksman
New user

Post by Sparksman »

@Berg: Will do your suggestion... let's fix it to death! ^^

@NoQ: So this weird behavior is an already known bug... hopefully there's an solution soon! There are still lonely wolfes outside who might enjoy a (graphically) beefed up game against builtin AI only, without the need of multiplayer games for properly working multiple AddOns...

Anyway guys, thx for your fast reply! I hope I'll have the same fun again like when I played the game freshly puplished on an W98SE machine with a ATI Rage 128 and 8MB RAM... I even still have the CD!!! Hah, fond memorys! <3
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Berg wrote:
The attachment wz2100-20130526_152850-Sk-Rush.jpg is no longer available
ok Back on models these are default models but we can have its full effect with a few fixing the pie files i dont know when this was deleted or why but the effects have been replaces check it out a guass cannon fortress
Use the cheat mode if you don’t wont to research it to see the effect its muzzle electric after glow when it fires.
its hard to get the effect in a screenshot but see the closes cannon it has a flashy glow arround the turret part thats the start of the effect.
Idea was started here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9628&hilit=animation#p106895 it works but you need to edit the animation and add connectors to the pie files
Also Added the cannon fortress
Anyway have fun ill edit another one soon.
Excellent job Berg! :3
wz2100-1.png
wz-2.png
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

cool! :cool:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Is there any way to use a custom shader for muzzle flashes etc, or at least to make them unshaded like smoke and explosions? The problems can be seen on the cannon fortress in berg's screenshot:
1) the fire is darker in the horizontal plane because of phong shading. This looks buggy and fire shouldn't be shaded at all, since it emits light rather than reflect it.
2) the alpha transparent planes in front cut away parts of the rear alpha plane, since it overwrites the z-buffer. Like smoke and explosions, muzzle flashes should be drawn last, and they should only read from the z-buffer, not write to it.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Jorzi wrote:Is there any way to use a custom shader for muzzle flashes etc
I'll give it a shot. Can you make one?
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained