Models By Berg

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Models By Berg

Post by Berg »

Just a screeny of a contrasting cliff you can actualy tell cliff from surrounding terrain..
wz2100-20120221_105420-Sk-UrbanDuel.jpg
Urban
wz2100-20120221_110909-Sk-Mountain.jpg
Rockies
wz2100-20120221_111140-Sk-Rush2.jpg
arizona
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Berg is trolling us hard, lol.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

MaNGusT wrote:Berg is trolling us hard, lol.
Please explain your statements meaning.
If you are trying to insult me ones again I would suggest you stop right there.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Berg wrote:Please explain your statements meaning.
If you are trying to insult me ones again I would suggest you stop right there.
don't take me serious :wink:
but sometimes your graphics remind me this :ninja:
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

MaNGusT wrote:don't take me serious :wink:
Your manners need refining.. But let that not stop you trying to belittle everyone that even tries to do ART for warzone your wish is granted.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Berg wrote:Just a screeny of a contrasting cliff you can actualy tell cliff from surrounding terrain..
Indeed, this remains a great and worthy challenge with the way the new terrain renderer works. You are on a good track for achieving that clear, at a glance, demarcation.

Now a secondary challenge presents itself within the cliff textures themselves.

Take the one you are using for the Arizona cliff. Here there is a repeating organic geometric pattern. Now while there are some cliff face in nature that are macro symmetric, the eye is more acclimated to seeing random asymmetric formations. Again this falls back to dealing with how the new terrain renderer works. One way of dealing with it is by using traditional painter technique to make the pattern less discernable by mixing different adjoining swaths that blend and also scaling down so that individual swath details are smaller.

Now the Urban cliff would work better I think if it where not so much like a macro shot of mineralized stone. In other words, scaling down the details like suggested for the Arizona textures. This all takes a lot playing around to get the degree of change just so - at least that's been my experience in similar circumstances.

The Rocky Mountain cliff I am still mulling over though I am feeling the cobalt blue hue a wee too intense. That said, let it be a given that what I've expressed is quite subjective & the opposite of gospel.

------------------>
Berg wrote:........

Your manners need refining.. But let that not stop you trying to belittle everyone that even tries to do ART for warzone your wish is granted.
Sadly this is a repeating pattern of disrespect you have been subjected to that passes muster with the letter of the boards TERMS of participation as well the prevailing zeitgeist, top down. Others are also subject to patterns of obvious disrespect throughout the BBs that likewise pass muster on both counts that at least the zeitgeist should disavow on the spot. However, this passes for an acceptable norm by believing in the tac of silence, it'll just blow-over and peeps will forget and be distracted by other stuff... BS, really.

But I will stop there and continue to elaborate in an other thread I shall create in the Lounge BB later today.

For now let me end this post by referring to, and suggesting you join, an exemplary community of top flight artists across a wide spectrum of forms who truly support, respect and inspire one another to greater achievement and success:

http://www.behance.net

- Regards, Rman. :)
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

Rman I never understand what you say seriously
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Rman I never understand what you say seriously
He is saying that, maybe, just for once, people could stop acting like idiots/morons/lame-brain.... And yeah, I am paraphrasing.

Personally, I like the cliff screenies. Especially the top one.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Yup - the top one is awesome. Looks real enough that you could imagine doing yourself some serious injuries if you tripped and fell down that cliff. It merges with the other terrain types very well which makes it more realistic looking than the other two.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

On a side note: I had a strange dream earlier this week that there was a repair droid dancing on the map to summon the SkyCow :o It actually led me to ponder whether it would be possible to create an AI script that makes droids do line dancing...
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

aubergine wrote:On a side note: I had a strange dream earlier this week that there was a repair droid dancing on the map to summon the SkyCow :o It actually led me to ponder whether it would be possible to create an AI script that makes droids do line dancing...
Actually, IIRC dancing was a feature in the master branch prior to the 3.1 beta releases.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

aubergine wrote:On a side note: I had a strange dream earlier this week that there was a repair droid dancing on the map to summon the SkyCow :o
What kind of drugs are you on? :shock:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I have no idea why I had that dream. The wife had just punched me in the head (some people sleep walk, my wife sleep punches :annoyed: ) so I was trying to get back to sleep.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
Sadly this is a repeating pattern of disrespect you have been subjected to that passes muster with the letter of the boards TERMS of participation as well the prevailing zeitgeist, top down. Others are also subject to patterns of obvious disrespect throughout the BBs that likewise pass muster on both counts that at least the zeitgeist should disavow on the spot. However, this passes for an acceptable norm by believing in the tac of silence, it'll just blow-over and peeps will forget and be distracted by other stuff... BS, really.
all devs get a free pass with this sh*t :annoyed: if we tried to do the same they would have banned our ass :roll:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Berg, it truly looks amazing. :D Nice work!