Cyclonator's Structure models

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Cyclonator's Structure models

Post by CyclonatorZ »

So, it looks like I'm going to be modeling in blender for a lot longer. :P To get some experience, I decided I'd remake some of the simpler, structures in the game, particularly ones that likely aren't very high priority for the Art Revolution team. For starters, here's my take on the scavenger bunker you start seeing in Alpha 2, including both low polly and high polly versions.
Attachments
Scavenger-Hut.PNG
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Cyclonator's Structure models

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Love it, Z. Keep it up! :D
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Thanks! :D For good measure, here's my AA turret base as well. I actually did this model before doing the scavenger shelter, but since its rather simple and doesn't have a high-poly version, I decided to post the latter model first. :P
Attachments
AA_Turret_Base.PNG
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Next up, here's my mortar pit. It actually took me quite a while to get this one just right, but I think the result was worth all the effort. :wink:
Attachments
Mortar_Pit_Base.PNG
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Can I see some wireframes of these models?
These actually look really high-quality and I think the art revolution team might be interested in them, especially since they very well follow the adherance to the original style :)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Sure. :wink:

Scavenger Hut low poly, 98 triangles.

AA Turret Base, 61 triangles.

Mortar Pit, 110 triangles.

If you want the .blend files as well, I can attach them in my next post.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

I suggest you to finish at least 1 model instead of making a lot of unfinished lowpoly models. Choose one you imagine best of all, create hipoly version, unwrap uvw, bake Ambient Occlusion, Normal map textures, edit textures manually and create diffuse texture, show us the result. something like this. :-)
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

MaNGusT wrote:I suggest you to finish at least 1 model instead of making a lot of unfinished lowpoly models. Choose one you imagine best of all, create hipoly version, unwrap uvw, bake Ambient Occlusion, Normal map textures, edit textures manually and create diffuse texture, show us the result. something like this. :-)
I was unaware we needed super-high-poly models for some of the more simpler structures like turret bases. O_o I was planning to add some detail on the inside of the mortar pit, but I'm not sure the AA base needs anything else. In any case, both of those have many more polys than the original models, and the Scavenger hut does have a high poly model.

Also, I'm afraid I'm no good at making textures good enough for Art Revolution, though. I am planning to bake my high-poly cannon and scavenger hut into the lower-poly versions, so that should add some detail, but I won't be able to take it any further than that. If anyone wants to help me with texturing, I'll be happy to upload the .blend files. :wink:

Anyway, here's my latest model, the scavenger factory. The image is decieving, however - it's not actually done, as the non-visible sides on the hi-poly don't have windows yet. :P
Attachments
Scavenger_Factory.PNG
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

While your current modeling is pretty good, I also suggest you try unwrapping and baking one of your simpler models. It will save you a lot of trouble if you know how to optimize your models so that the lowpolys are easy to unwrap and the hi-polys produce smoother baking results.
Oh and the hi-poly can really be as hi-poly as you can handle, although there is of course no point in doing details so small that they won't even show up in the texture.
Also, if you have any questions / need any help, just pm me ;)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-