Iluvalar's Model

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Iluvalar's Model

Post by Iluvalar »

That will look like a silly joke. It is at some extent but otherwise there is also a bit of seriousness.

Here is 3 mg viper on wheel defending their base again an tmg python on half track in a gorgeous sub tropical new tile set !

Doesn't that game look fun ? Hell it is !

I really dont want to discourage Jorzi. I think his work is phenomenal ! Really gorgeous and I'd really to see it one day in a game. But for now, I can't see anything in the master because the dev team need to use openGL 2.0 for the texture/shaders stuffs and I dont have the good driver for it.

I'm just here to stress that point : The best 3d engine for me is the one that I can run. Whatever how much the 3d engine look nice on YOUR computer, I will always see it as the hugest fail possible if i can't launch it at all.

Please. If you cant support 2 texture/shaders for me, can't you just drop colorful blocks for now ?
Attachments
warzone2.jpg
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Iluvalar's Model

Post by cybersphinx »

Actually using blocks will be more difficult than just setting model vertices to the teamcolor and draw them untextured. (Unless we go the "use separate simple models for collisions etc. to make those cheap and deterministic and independent of the actual models used" route, then those models could be used for in-game drawing.) The main problem still is the same: Someone has to write the code to do that. And as you may have noticed, progress is slow even with one singular code path...
We want information... information... information.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hmm, shouldn't the game automatically switch to the fixed pipeline rendering for machines not able to use shaders?
Really, afaik the fixed pipeline should work on even the crappiest of intel's so-called gpu:s?
Even my models should render really well, using solid color only.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

That would be nice. Still needs someone to write fixed pipeline code.
We want information... information... information.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

No problem, dudes:
fixedpipelinecode.jpg
fixedpipelinecode.jpg (6.05 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
I'll only submit this to SVN, though.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

gj! XD