New decals for trunk

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: New decals for trunk

Post by Terminator »

yea nice work man :)
Per wrote:Do you think you could add some more environmental wear & tear to the roads as well? They look a bit too neat considering the time span they have been sitting there without proper maintenance... :)
It would be cool to see a new textures for Buildings(feature) from Urban Cam2, cause old ones really mess the whole impression when you see them in master build with new hi-res textures. :geek:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I agree. The urban textures are a disaster. And I don't mean that in the cool post-apocalyptic way.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

About the roads: It is possible to make broken roads by adding in broken sections, but I think there should be unbroken sections as well. If I make visible cracks into the unbroken section, the pattern repeating will be extremely noticeable...
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Per wrote:I agree. The urban textures are a disaster. And I don't mean that in the cool post-apocalyptic way.
How can anyone say these textures are a disaster ?
page-31-features-urban.png
I would say they are atrocious at best. :P
and it ends here.
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

How are textures done? I might give a swing at it, though I don't have much spare time.
~theArmourer
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

The only thing you need to remember is that certain parts of the picture are mapped to certain faces of the 3d model.
Otherwise you just make an image any way you want. (You can paint it with photoshop/gimp or you can model it and render it using 3d or vector graphics, you can use parts of photos or even draw and scan them if you're good. You can also scan more than just your drawings ;) )
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-