Generic tank icon

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Generic tank icon

Post by Cyp »

In the in-game multiplayer alliances menu, instead of magically showing the latest tank a player built, it probably makes more sense to show the latest visible tank a player built.

If no tanks from that player are visible, what should it show instead? Someone can probably come up with something better than
image_generic_tank.png
image_generic_tank.png (391 Bytes) Viewed 5710 times
and
image_generic_tank_tc.png
image_generic_tank_tc.png (249 Bytes) Viewed 5710 times
. Answers preferably in image form.
img2.jpg
Wolftrak
Trained
Trained

Re: Generic tank icon

Post by Wolftrak »

My opinion is that instead of the 3d Model, we should place something more meaningful.A tank if the player has mostly tanks,the same with borgs and aircrafts.Also, a rank would not be such a bad idea.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Wolftrak wrote:A tank if the player has mostly tanks,the same with borgs and aircrafts.
the whole idea was to make a fair play, so mosly used units isn't that warzone needs. Last visible unit its ok.
Wolftrak wrote:Also, a rank would not be such a bad idea.
Support. I think it would be even better than last visible unit, just show ranks & that all. :wink:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Completely removing this "spoiler" will greatly affect the game; people will have to send "scout SCVs" to find out what the opponent is doing (which is a lot of extra micro), and it will still be pretty hard to find out if the opponent is clever enough to hide his latest developments in the middle, protecting them with outdated defenses. Not sure if it's bad, but it's worth discussing.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

personally i think its a terrible spoiler, if a player is runing recon properly then they can see what is coming, if not then thats their own fault.

I think this icon should be reserved for builder units only to let you know that that player has a builder of some kind.
it would help with those games where we have to trawl the map looking for the last items to kill before win can be claimed.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

GiGaBaNE wrote:personally i think its a terrible spoiler
It is. But removing it will make us wake up in a very different world. We're running into another realism vs. playability/game_ideology issue here.
GiGaBaNE wrote:if a player is runing recon properly then they can see what is coming, if not then thats their own fault.
I don't think so. On a usual map, it's rather easy to hide your plans unless at least VTOLs are available.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

im sure there are plenty of players that dont take advantage of that screen, i only go there to trasfer money to allies.

it removes the ability to create tech that you wish to be a secret.

no insult intended to those that use it, but as far as im concerned it is a cheat allowing you intel you havnt earned.

i would vote yes to it being completly removed, failing that it would be handy to neuter it so that it only shows if a player still has a builder lying around.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I'll wager that the people that don't use this screen in MP for recon are the people that get owned frequently.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

DrawOnTopOfEachOther("select distinct units limit 3 ordered by ((howMuchISaw-HowMuchIKilled)*TemplateCost) );

the template cost is there because i believe that 3 python on track is more relevant then 4 machine gunners.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.