New Cutscenes?

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: New Cutscenes?

Post by MaNGusT »

@Mangust Don't be so negative about blender Since 2.5 it now has a really good volumetrics implementation, complete with a physically based smoke simulator and improved particle system, so explosions shouldn't be a problem. Have you seen the movies "elephant's dream", "big buck bunny" and "sintel", btw? They are short films made entirely in blender (sintel is the latest).
It's a Pretty nice movies i must say, especially for an open source program. Blender is on the right path but 3ds max and Maya give us more "reality" and "atmosphere" by its tools.

P.S.
http://www.forgedbychaos.com/ it is game that develops by the Russian studio PANZAR on the crytek engine 3. in gallery you can see models, movies and animations created using 3ds max. special stuff is on the panzar site.
Last edited by MaNGusT on 18 Nov 2010, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Maroy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maroy »

Please take your software debate out of my thread, if you feel a need to start an argument.

Yes, 3ds Max and Maya provide more realistic renders with less effort, but, face it, most people don't have thousands of dollars to spend on 3d modeling software unless they do it for a living.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

*facepalm* maroy just keep your rendering under control... i mean your picture...
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Slye_Fox
Trained
Trained

Post by Slye_Fox »

In regards to the cost of 3ds; it's ridiculous.

It is the only program (along with photoshop), that I actually got through 'other' means.
Because EA won't give support for any modelling program, other than 3ds7/9 (not even the newer 3Ds') for their modding (Tiberium Wars & Up).

<Edit>
I'd also like to say that I would prefer to see an HD recreation of the original FMVs, not something completely different (I watch Monty Python for that).
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Maroy you may find the following discussion from earlier this year on redoing the CAM Vids of interest:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5127&p=52564&hilit ... eos#p52564

This whole which app is better often resembles to me the my "gun" is bigger than yours ("gun" is used as a euphemism).

The fairest discussion (all around, fair to all the major apps, & dealing with working world specific tasks), I've come across is one that took place early on this year at the oldest Second Life BB:

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/conten ... er-vs.html

I post it because it's also fundamentally edifying.

Enough said on that score.

- RV :hmm:

Maroy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maroy »

Seriously, no more arguments about modeling programs, I'm using Blender. Bottom line. :P

Like I said... I'm just going to start with basically making HD, "revamped" versions of the existing 3d FMVs. I probably won't get around to all the radar screen vids any time soon, but those are more 2d animation anyway.

Obviously I'm not very skilled with Blender yet, but re-creating the FMVs is a pretty fun way to learn.

Mr_E... I don't think you're exactly entitled to complain about my avatar, considering yours is just a rip from Warzone.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I had an idea about scripting everything. Possibly it would save a lot of work and even disc space. Just some models would need to be recreated. As for the intro videos or other like explaining who Dr. Reed was or "is", they could be redone. Videos where the map is shown with a pointer to a position, could be done in realtime with a mask over as the "operation system". I have posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5935&start=0
Is is possible to do some things by scripting, but some others not. Maybe we should think about it as an alternate, to make the secuences maybe some sort of hybrid or mixture of real videos and ingame components.
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

so be it maroy, all i can do is wish you good luck... no comment
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Welcome Maroy.

Sorry about all the extra noise you see in this thread, most people love to whine, but don't actually do anything but that. :annoyed:

I would say, do what you feels best, if you can improve on the original design, then that would be nice, we just need the overall "theme" to match the originals.
Once you have something your willing to show us, then post the results. :3

For those of you that are providing the useless noise, stop it. :annoyed: You have been warned, and I am sure you know who you are. :annoyed:
and it ends here.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Buginator wrote:Sorry about all the extra noise you see in this thread, most people love to whine, but don't actually do anything but that. :annoyed:
Is it about me and Jorzi? :lol2: :ninja:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Well, at least we do something besides just making noise :wink: :P

Anyway, good luck with the project, and if you have any problems with blender, just pm me ;)
I usually check the forums at least once a day
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Maroy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maroy »

Okay, thanks everyone. I'll see if I can get something to show off within a few weeks or something.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

MaNGusT wrote:
Buginator wrote:Sorry about all the extra noise you see in this thread, most people love to whine, but don't actually do anything but that. :annoyed:
Is it about me and Jorzi? :lol2: :ninja:
no, it's not about you and jorzi. XD
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

...after rereading the thread: Ah... It's not me either, I think! :D
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

i only have two or three posts, it's not me... unless maroy perceives me as a pest. but he can tell MasterD or AndroiDX as he is known for... he can control me...