Modeling with Blender

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Modeling with Blender

Post by Olrox »

Remotehorst wrote:Ok in the next few days i will upload the seperated Model with animated lights.
When this is done, im gonna make a custom sound with LMMS.

How do you want to animate it?
I think it looks cool when it moves up slowly and stomps down fast.
With a little time before it moves up again.

I need the timing when it touches the ground. There must be some way to get the animation synchronized with the sound.
Or vice versa? :hmm:
If the lights lit up in a "wave" when the piston goes down abruptly, I think it'd yell "I'm pumping oil" to the players, which is IMO, the great objective of a real strategy game model in the context of warzone (the model should represent its use and make it clear when it's working, and what it's doing) :)

Probably the animation loop can trigger the sound? I don't know how this currently works on the WZ file structure, but probably adjusting the animation is easier than adjusting/cutting the sound.

I like your model, and now see your goals at producing artwork for warzone. I daresay that I don't think it's coherent with what the AR team aims at, unfortunately - by all means, that's just a statement, please don't take it as depreciation. Actually, I can see a fresh, innovative horizon in your style, which could very well do for a renewed warzone :geek:

Wish you all good luck and great inspiration,
~Olrox
Remotehorst
Trained
Trained

Re: Modeling with Blender

Post by Remotehorst »

If the lights lit up in a "wave" when the piston goes down abruptly, I think it'd yell "I'm pumping oil" to the players, which is IMO, the great objective of a real strategy game model in the context of warzone (the model should represent its use and make it clear when it's working, and what it's doing) :)
Thats a good idea.

daresay that I don't think it's coherent with what the AR team aims at, unfortunately - by all means, that's just a statement, please don't take it as depreciation.
No problem.
The AR team can take any model if there is one they like. ;)
I will upload the pie files and textures for the buildings when im done.
My Blender Tutorials for Beginners (german): http://www.youtube.com/user/voxelgeek