Model requests

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Model requests

Post by Per »

Hello artists,

I am in need of two models to use during testing of new features I am planning to make. So if anyone could make something that looks like what I am describing, I would be very happy. They do not need to look very good at this point, but need sufficient geometric detail and some texture so that people can get an idea of whether this will work in the game or not.

The first model is a 2x2 tile size VTOL Rearm Pad building. It needs to be able to accommodate 4 VTOLs rearming on top of it, so there is not going to be much space for "stuff" on its top side. Other than this it is a regular building. It should not be a flat pancake, like the current VTOL pads, it should have some height. How much height is an artistic decision. If you have other ideas for VTOL layout than 2x2 size for 4 VTOLs, feel free to do that instead. However, if the landing positions do not correspond to the underlying tiles, I need connectors placed in the model where the VTOLs should land.

The second model is a 2x3 tile size Naval Yard. The exact size is not important - if 3x3 looks much better so be it. One of its far ends needs to be designed so that it can look good if placed over water, eg supported by some kind of tall piles that plunge through the ground (ie can be seen going into the watery depth). The other far end will always be on dry land. The idea is that its blueprint will be automatically rotated during placement so that its water end goes into the water. My first idea was something like the dock structure in Transport Tycoon (http://home.c2i.net/cecilieTT/you1mega.jpg), but that one is not particularly pretty. Note that exactly where the transition from land to water will be is going to vary between each individually placed structure, and cannot be known beforehand.

So, any takers? And thank you already :)
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Model requests

Post by Berg »

Vtol pad concept no connectors The centre of each pad should be centre of a tile approx 2X2
I deleted files as they were corrupted
Placed on ticket http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/1874
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Berg; for future revisions; should definitely add in some miscellaneous equipment between the pads and the ground like fuel lines, ammo feeds and so on and so forth.

For now; the supports also look kinda weak and unprepared to support the weight of four heavy bombers sitting on those pads due to where they attach to the pads.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

yes as i said its concept and to see if it fits Per request there is every possibility of hand rails stairs etc.
Anything is possible.
Arcalane wrote:Berg; for future revisions; should definitely add in some miscellaneous equipment between the pads and the ground like fuel lines, ammo feeds and so on and so forth.

For now; the supports also look kinda weak and unprepared to support the weight of four heavy bombers sitting on those pads due to where they attach to the pads.

Ideas are endless and we are only stopped by limited imagination and poly count...:)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I've had some ideas for the shipyard and quickly reproduced them to see if it's worth continuing work with it :ninja:
Naval yards with modules
Naval yards with modules
What do you think? Is it good enough?
It is 3x3 and designed to look right even if only one of the foundation tiles are placed at solid ground.

~Olrox
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

I like the idea. It looks good. :wink:
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Nice concept olrox :)
With proper textures this could fit warzone quite well
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

That will work just perfect! :)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Thanks - I will procceed to the next steps as soon as I've got the opportunity :D
I may go for a concrete Rearming Pad after I've finished with it, or maybe other AR members will be interested in giving it a try before that :hmm:

~Olrox
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Olrox: Go man! Go! :D
Bring back...ducks!
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

I like the idea, but new propulsion would be needed yeah? for water only?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Roux Le Corps wrote:I like the idea, but new propulsion would be needed yeah? for water only?
There already is. It is called "Naval". Use "give all" cheat to get it.
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

KukY: Next to unplayable though, right?
Bring back...ducks!
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

would have to make a specific map for it ;)
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Olrox wrote:Thanks - I will procceed to the next steps as soon as I've got the opportunity :D
I may go for a concrete Rearming Pad after I've finished with it, or maybe other AR members will be interested in giving it a try before that :hmm:

~Olrox
A little internal competition never hurt, right? ;)