Regular

Re: Tcmask, Animation and Models Info and Ideas

Post by Berg »

JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

I like how I can actually see the insides of the factory through the fans. Now I'm curious to know what's inside the cyborg factory :hmm: :D

And the assembly conveyor-belt sort of feel is a nice touch.

On an unrelated-topic, I can't seem to quit the game, When I press Esc , it goes to camera mode of the unit. Any suggestions on how I can quit without having to kill the process?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:On an unrelated-topic, I can't seem to quit the game, When I press Esc , it goes to camera mode of the unit. Any suggestions on how I can quit without having to kill the process?
Alt+F4? :D
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:On an unrelated-topic, I can't seem to quit the game, When I press Esc , it goes to camera mode of the unit. Any suggestions on how I can quit without having to kill the process?
Alt+F4? :D
Wow, it's been ages since I did that. Let's see. Tried it. Doesn't work.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Wow, it's been ages since I did that. Let's see. Tried it. Doesn't work.
Try using Win to minimize the game, and then right click on the game in taskbar, and then left click on Close.
Oh, you're on Linux.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

With the new vid capture feature there is a issue with the default keys being messed up goto options then keymapping and hit the little trash can icon then restart it should all be back to normal
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:Oh, you're on Linux.
Yeah. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

But I think so is Berg, Ubuntu I think. So he would know. And I think he changed that piece of code somewhere, probably for testing reasons maybe.

EDIT:
Berg wrote:With the new vid capture feature there is a issue with the default keys being messed up goto options then keymapping and hit the little trash can icon then restart it should all be back to normal
Yup, that did the trick, thanks.
-- Ambrose Bierce
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Berg, its an nice .avi video with resolution of my screen :D
I saw it very well but its anoying that i dont see some machines building a vehicle or just to see a tool that builds a vehicle and i think that look of the factory should be altered, i was thinking that there is one entrance and that is there no upgrades in that way what is for now in warzone.

So the factory will be always huge and not small , the size of upgraded one,maximum number of slots and a bit longer and that is all connected,its hard to explain!So the upgrade will be like robotic hands,why?Because thats the way cars and some light tanks produced in most of process!

So first upgrades adds more robotic arms but third upgrade add faster material deployment.It will be like a hatch that opens and theres the material and third robot hand will pick it up!

So second upgrade is another robot arm,third upgrade adds faster delivery or material so third arm will give material and do the work with other two arms.Maybe il make a simple way but its not posible to controle particles yet.Even in 2100 we will not control particles but we would have automatic repairs by nanobots.

Also there will be antimatter generators.that should be added to warzone,and they will not be showed on map if is posible and also there will be like underground reserves that planted in case of appocalipse and somebody survives and can create some small antimatter generator for supplying with resources!

I reccomend that AntiMatter generator should be buildable only in multiplayer and that you need to spend 30.000 and for upgrade about 20.000, so antimatter will need alot ammount of oil because it will produce more energy,so you will get about 50% more after 5 minutes,antimatter will need 10000 to use and after 5 or 10 minutes it will double energy resources!

So this is my huge reply!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
Wulfkind
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wulfkind »

Interesting ideas there, I'm not sure I follow completely, but from my understanding of what you're saying, there seems there would be some serious game balance issues if we were to start playing around with power, just a thought.

Maybe this is something to think on and tackle at a later date... But otherwise, I think we're actually getting somewhere in terms of revamping the game to look a little more like the modern idea of futuristic.

All I can say is watch this space, you'll love what comes out in the next couple of days.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Hmmm... indeed, interesting ideas there MetalWarrior95. :)

I do not recall antimatter generators ever before being brought up in the context of evolving WZ GPMs.

I understand how the concept works and like SonOfBerg articulated it's balanced integration into WZ's Power Schema would be problematic.....

However, that is strictly looking at it within the white box of T1 - T3.

Postulating T4, antimatter generators could readily be balance integrated &, IMHO, would be a good fit for the evolution of WZ's game play.

Getting back to the animation work of SonOfBerg & Berg that I've had the opportunity to witness on my comp, 2 words - seminal & protean. :D Personally, I've been much inspired to keep the faith in the game and the community because of this work, along with Flail13's FlaMe. For me both efforts are purely positive, 100% enabling and constructive and remind me of the culture WZ Creators, Pumpkin, very deliberately created and fostered around the game from the beginning of its public existence.

- RV :ninja:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Relay Centre I'm not sure if they have a use in game any more other then a research topic I don't know what they do.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wzgrap ... i/download
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Relay centre is for command turrets,something like proccesing building,sending informations to units that are controled by command turret vehicle...

-edit-
I watched video,and CC looks awfull, not realistic at all and totaly not wz,also your work is good but when i look better...
Its totaly not WZ style, it should be realistic and futuristic,not style of generators like there are from a another world!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:I watched video,and CC looks awfull, not realistic at all and totaly not wz,also your work is good but when i look better...
Its totaly not WZ style, it should be realistic and futuristic,not style of generators like there are from a another world!
XD

They way you say it, it's like you're back from the future, 2100, and you know what it's like. Apologies if I've offend you :)
-- Ambrose Bierce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
MetalWarrior95 wrote:I watched video,and CC looks awfull, not realistic at all and totaly not wz,also your work is good but when i look better...
XD

They way you say it, it's like you're back from the future, 2100, and you know what it's like. Apologies if I've offend you :)
you can tell he is from 2195 right??? geez whiz already josh, dont you know ???? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: