Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by Berg »

Jorzi thats excellent palm I was thinking of making one but now we have one good job.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Thanks, I'll come back to the artrev stuff of course, but sometimes you need to do random stuff not to lose inspiration ;)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Niiiiiiiice! :D

2 beers and a clink for ya Jorzi.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

YAY GJ // how about one or two other palms, so that they all didn't look the same in tight formations? :oops:

I wonder if there's a chance of including it in the game (together with the crystal models from the other thread), cause i'm still a bit scared to make maps with custom features (not sure how much compatibility issues i will encounter) >.<
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Working on it. I'll probably unify the texpage with my new pine models for the rockies ;)
ImageImage
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah. Also, Berg has made three different palm trees out of your model (inside the pie) (so no need to do that again), so maybe you could pack them correctly all together, cause i'm not good at it >.<

Yeah, so we need to pack pines, palms and crystals and whatever else into a single mod and submit a ticket to include them? :oops:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Yeah, sounds like a good idea, maybe we should call it something like "the creative feature pack"
ImageImage
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I also scaled the palm down to be more in keeping with tree scale ingame.
Also changed the texture with your original co-ords and model .
This is the converted I gave to NoQ so to store it in forum.
Attachments
3palms.tar.gz
(143.57 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

We're gonna need a new FlaME dataset updated with all this new stuff. :P
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

All these new features look really sweet :D , but I'm afraid that modders will need to update their files in order for them to be compatable with these new features. (Then again, such was inevitable. :P )
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:We're gonna need a new FlaME dataset updated with all this new stuff. :P
That's easy, datasets are just copies of certain game data files.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I think we need to hurry up to use the chance given to us to get inside beta11 (:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I added all my pine models, named appripriately to replace the originals, as well as two extra palm tree variations. I also edited berg's texture so that the white doesn't shine through on the palm leaves. Haven't tried the palms ingame yet, but the pines work fine :)
Attachments
tree_pack_1.0.7z
(329.52 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
ImageImage
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Here is a working multiplayer mod and a test map (palms, pines, Berg's crystals):
trees.mod.wz
(573.79 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
A dummy map to look at palms and crystals:
2c-treetest.wz
(3.98 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Palms by Jorzi are a bit bigger (which looks cool, but not sure if it's good ... are we following the scale?).
I also feel that green pines could be made a bit lighter or more saturated (?)
Attachments
wz2100-20120516_113614-treetest-T1.jpg
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

MaNGusT wrote: 2) Since i.e. the GTX-460 has a performance of about 600 million triangles per second(it's really not that high), if we will put high poly models into the game and if the engine will be modern and fast the result will be like 10 fps or lower. And I must mention that we also need to use gpu resources in shaders, in all kind of textures, in light system, in other graphics stuff.
So we need not more than 20 millions triangles in a gpu "memory" to get 30fps on gtx-460 in ideal. I took numbers from this.
I don't see how the model could have 200k but that isn't my issue with the quote. The issue I have is the total limit on triangles, polies, whatever. Anyway, an old obsolete Geforce 2 card can handle 31 million triangles per second. A Geforce 580 can handle 2 billion. So, with a hard unit limit of what.. 250? it should be fairly easy to render about 1k objects with 5k triangles easy, thats only about 5 mil tris. The real problem isn't a triangle limit but a memory limit for textures. Or I should say the real limit is more of the minimum graphics card supported.

For the Vega Strike limit (open source, about as old as WZ) in-game textures are no larger than 2048x2048 while master textures are normally around 4kx4k. If there's a limit to total tris in WZ its in the rendering engine and not what a graphics card can handle ;) If the engine can handle and enough people have a fairly modern graphics card (at least directx 9 compliant. Not sure what OGL version is the same) then It would be no problem to bump the graphics up a notch, just make sure you have a choice on texture sizes for those with intel cards.

Ok, end hijack.. sorry Jorzi.