Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by Jorzi »

I have been thinking about that too. It's just hard to get back into the flow, especially since I am often tired after getting home from work. Then I waste my precious few free hours lazily watching youtube...
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Vincent
Trained
Trained

Post by Vincent »

Normal maps are used ? The textures in wz2100 look flat but that's maybe because the lack of per pixel lighting / moving light.
BTW texture compression on normal map is fine if the normal map is stored in tangent space and with GL_COMPRESSED_RG_RGTC format : http://www.nvidia.com/object/real-time- ... ssion.html
It's supported on any dx10 card and directXTex's Texconv ( https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/ ) can compresses data and generate the mipmap level offline.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Vincent wrote:BTW texture compression on normal map is fine if the normal map is stored in tangent space and with GL_COMPRESSED_RG_RGTC format : http://www.nvidia.com/object/real-time- ... ssion.html
It's supported on any dx10 card and directXTex's Texconv ( https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/ ) can compresses data and generate the mipmap level offline.
We can only use object-space normal maps and the new wz code is based on OpenGL 2.0.
We wait the support of tangent-space normal map, but to get it, there should be done some upgrades to wz's model format (pie).
Jorzi wrote:I have been thinking about that too. It's just hard to get back into the flow, especially since I am often tired after getting home from work. Then I waste my precious few free hours lazily watching youtube...
or sleeping, or playing a moba game for me.
A week ago I installed and got to work tortoisesvn and new 3dmax on my upgraded win10 machine. That's all news XD. The next step is to launch 3dmax and remember the working flow for AR mod modelling. The model of bug body awaits me for year to finish all the prepares and get it into the game :D
Vincent
Trained
Trained

Post by Vincent »

Why do pies file need to be updated ? Tangent and bitangent vectors can be generated on the fly.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Vincent wrote:Why do pies file need to be updated ? Tangent and bitangent vectors can be generated on the fly.
pies do not save the value of normals generated by 3d editor. Only these values are right and can be used to calculate tangents. Currently all normals are flat and calculated by the engine "on-the-fly". Afair ofc.
We wait when wz will be able to load "a beta" model format that is called wzm and supports all the nececcary values. We already have an editor/converter for that, it's WMIT.
Vincent
Trained
Trained

Post by Vincent »

Is pie format convertible to others formats like obj 3ds and so on ? If so the loading could be delegated to assimp lib which supports a lot of formats.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Vincent wrote:Is pie format convertible to others formats like obj 3ds and so on ?
Yes, it is but it doesn't help us anyway because all usual formats cannot save special wz's values as connectors etc, wmit converts only geometry's values and then we write other info into pies manually.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Doing some small stuff to keep up my modeling skills :)
Attachments
scav_rocket_emplacement_1.png
ImageImage
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

The one on the left looks more colourful, but the one on the right look better.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

The one on the left is the original model that I'm using as reference, the right one is the untextured hipoly ;)
ImageImage
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

nice!.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Looking for your models again this year.

I understand they may be on github.

Can I please have them in .OBJ format again?

PM sent :lecture:
Alpha993
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alpha993 »

Remind me what causes this issue, again.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi Alpha993, it looks like the fragment shader is wrong. Please note that beta 2 is only compatible with version 3.2.x, while beta 1 is compatible with version 3.1.5.
@trevormanaze: i will have to look through the svn history and manually pick my latest stuff since I don't have them in chronological order on this machine. Once you have the models you should be able to easily get the appropriate textures from https://sourceforge.net/p/artrev2100/co ... /texpages/
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Here are the models I have finished in 2016, not so many, since I have essentially had no free time.
Attachments
obj_files_jorzi_2016.zip
(17.42 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
ImageImage