Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by MaNGusT »

Jorzi wrote: I think the texpages bundled with the game are downscaled compared to MaNGusT's originals.
They were batch-compressed by someone to save a few megabytes, don't know was it really needed. By the way I still have my original textures. :)
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Those look very nice. Me like it
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@MaNGusT: I have them too :) I put them in my art revolution folder for future screenshots
@Tzeentech: thanks :)

Made a lowpoly for the repair facility today, 220 triangles.
Attachments
repair_facility_1.jpg
repair_facility_1.jpg (44.54 KiB) Viewed 12302 times
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

again, I like. Nice
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

MaNGusT wrote:
Jorzi wrote: I think the texpages bundled with the game are downscaled compared to MaNGusT's originals.
They were batch-compressed by someone to save a few megabytes, don't know was it really needed.
The textures were processed in a way suitable for web graphics, NOT for use a texture maps. I believe we are beyond that foolishness now.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

stiv wrote:
MaNGusT wrote:
They were batch-compressed by someone to save a few megabytes, don't know was it really needed.
The textures were processed in a way suitable for web graphics, NOT for use a texture maps. I believe we are beyond that foolishness now.
While we are discussing this, I came to think of another similar issue: GPU texture compression. This is fine for colour maps, but looks quite ugly with normal maps (jpeg-like artifacts that show up very brightly in the specular reflections). To compensate, we use fairly high resolution, which defeats the purpose of compression in the first place. I'd be very glad if someone could look into this and disable texture compression for normal maps.
ImageImage
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Jorzi wrote:While we are discussing this, I came to think of another similar issue: GPU texture compression. This is fine for colour maps, but looks quite ugly with normal maps (jpeg-like artifacts that show up very brightly in the specular reflections). To compensate, we use fairly high resolution, which defeats the purpose of compression in the first place. I'd be very glad if someone could look into this and disable texture compression for normal maps.
That looks easy to fix (https://github.com/perim/warzone2100/co ... 5db141bc6c). I assume specular maps should also be uncompressed, while tcmasks should continue to be compressed?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Thanks Per :) Dunno why I didn't think of mentioning it earlier. The most important is the normal map, but it might be a good idea to leave the spec map uncompressed as well.
ImageImage
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Ok, fix pushed to git master.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Jorzi wrote:@MaNGusT: I have them too :) I put them in my art revolution folder for future screenshots
@Tzeentech: thanks :)

Made a lowpoly for the repair facility today, 220 triangles.

looks pretty nice.

Can u remake the dragon body...
Vlad123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vlad123 »

How to loads all file in the editor?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@trevormanaze I plan to do it eventually, but I try to focus on the most used models first.
@vlad which files are u talking about?
ImageImage
SpartanX58
New user

Post by SpartanX58 »

Why does everything look weird now? The textures are broken and the menus are green.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi
There were some changes to how the fragment shader works in wz 3.2. I haven't yet made a new release, but you can download the latest svn snapshot from the sourceforge page, it has updated shaders.
ImageImage
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

People still play with our mod, even that it isn't finished. And we are still too lazy(busy) to make something new or at least finish all the models that have work-in-progress status. :D