Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Vlad123
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by Vlad123 »

I click this link for download the mod o I go to the section "mod"?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi Vlad
The download in addons is just a dummy file, since the mod is too large to upload to addons. Please follow the link and download from our sourceforge page.

About the "silos" on the factory, maybe I could put some streaks of rust and dirt on them...
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Vlad123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vlad123 »

How to install it?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Not dead yet :P

Managed to remap the twin assault cannon a bit in order to get the single barrel version to use the same texpage.
Attachments
assault_cannon_2.jpg
ImageImage
Slye_Fox
Trained
Trained

Post by Slye_Fox »

Awesome work.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Looks good, but where download links?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Thanks guys :)

I exported and committed to the repository, so if you want you can download a snapshot from http://sourceforge.net/p/artrev2100/code/HEAD/tree/
Attachments
assault_cannon.jpg
assault_cannon.jpg (89.14 KiB) Viewed 12078 times
ImageImage
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Hello all,

Is this mod tested to work with 3.1.2? I've installed in on Linux as per the manual, and when launching warzone with "warzone2100 --mod_ca=ARmod_beta1.wz", the mod file being located in ~/.warzone2100-3.1/mods/campaign", I get the debug message "info |09:06:20: [realmain:1225] mod_ca (ARmod_beta1.wz) is enabled", however, I don't see the new visuals in the game. Only once or twice did I see the new models, so it's kind of an intermittent issue. How can I debug this? Thank you!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi
Have you tried putting it directly in the mods folder and running it with "warzone2100 --mod=ARmod_beta1.wz"?

Also please note that this mod conflicts with most other mods.
ImageImage
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Actually I got it to work accidentally by placing the above mentioned mod file into ~/.warzone-$version/mods/autoload. With the command line switch --mod_ca=$mod_name and the mod file placed in ~/.warzone-$version/mods/campaign , I think the behavior was that when I started a new campaign from scratch, and then loaded a saved mission, I'd see ArtRev props. However, if I started the game and loaded a saved mission right away, the props had the default look. To me, this might be a bug, what do you think?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Ah, note that savegames are essentially incompatible between mods, even if it's just a graphics mod. If I remember correctly, the game will try to load the mod that the save was using.
ImageImage
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Jorzi, there appears to be a peculiar bug in the ArtRev mod: enemy hardpoints and hardcrete walls in the Beta campaign look "old-style" (game default) while the player's ones look like "ArtRev". In the Alpha campaign, there is no such problem. Same goes for the Gamma campaign (Nexus buildings).

At the same time, enemy HQ's look "old-style" in all the three campaigns. Is it possible to fix this in the mod, or is it a map issue?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

It's a feature :D

Anyway they are the old models because they are different and we haven't recreated them yet (all unfinished content uses old models)
ImageImage
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Oh, so you've decided to change the way it is in the original and have different styles of HQ's and hardpoints (and probably even more structures?) for the enemies? Mean, by default they seem share the very same model.