Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
superpirson
Greenhorn

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by superpirson »

it's too clean! it's all flat and cold, like the labs in portal! it needs armor plating, or vents, or access hatches, or something!
i still love the overall look, though; it has a perfect low-poly. the wheels look awesome too!
Spik3d
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spik3d »

The wheels seem a bit small. I think if they were about 1.25-1.5 times bigger, it'd look better.

If you're going off that reference image, the height from the top of the exposed tire to the top of the side of the tank is about half of the height of the tire. But your model the height from the top of the exposed tire to the top of the side is about the same as the tire height.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@superpirson don't worry, I forgot to mention it's still work in progress. I just made a test bake to see how well the wheels baked. The rest is still unfinished.
Btw polycount is 136 per side
@Spik3d I thought about that too, the problem is that if I make the wheels bigger, there will be very little, if any, room between the tires, unless I only stretch them vertically like in the originally design (which means the wheels would no longer be circular but elliptic :/ )
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Spik3d
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spik3d »

You could also remove one wheel, and have space between the first wheel and the last two wheels. The original design only has three wheels.
zamaszysty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamaszysty »

I think hover could have only ONE fan for light bodies with two for meds and heavys. That would look much better if we consider weight of lights, mediums and heavys. With the same amout for all it looks like those heavy and meds are little "underpowered", while they're not ...

EDIT:

Like this one:
http://www.biztrademarket.com/User/1896 ... ue_3ap.jpg
Or this one here:
http://www.neoterichovercraft.com/rescue/images/rc4.jpg
n2large0shirt
Trained
Trained

Post by n2large0shirt »

I have a feeling that if there was only one fan then the turret may appear to block the air flow because they are so tall... all of the hover craft pictures that you linked have a very low profile shape... its a good idea, and it would make for a good way to differentiate between light and the larger body units.. but perhaps the larger bodies could have bigger turbines, or maybe 3 instead of two? that's up to Jorzi though.. :D
~Elderly before my time.~
zamaszysty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamaszysty »

I don't think air has to flow in straight lines to reach the fan ;) You would have to literaly stick something in it to block the air flow, and those linked photos here just show what i mean because these machines work and driver (pilot?) does not block the air flow at all, despite he sits just in front of the fan itself :P
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

These are no one-man hovers, however, although they are considered "light" in the game. Another thing to take into consideration is that the turret should have an unobstructed 360 degree mobility, which means the fan must be small enough not to rise very much above the body. Considering that the current fans are the largest I could put there without obstructing the mobility of the turret (or making them intersect which looks ugly), a single-fan design is simply not viable in this case...
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Not really an update but viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7523
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I managed to get some detail on the wheels, also made them a bit bigger, as much as there was room. (The front wheels on the hi-poly are moved a bit to prevent overshading of the inner parts.) I still think there should be 8 wheels instead of 6 though, since medium vehicles have 6 wheels.
Attachments
hwheels3.jpg
hwheels5.jpg
ImageImage
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

Those Wheels are awesome, like all your work. But there's one thing I noticed: What does a wheel cover need ventilation grills for? I understand the need for eye candy, but this does not quite fit the bill. Maybe try front and rear lights?
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Very nice I like em ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

why on this image 2 front wheels are lower than 2 rear wheels? :hmm:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@ Mangust, as I said I have them slightly separated for baking to prevent the ao from making it too dark ;)
@Corporal punishment since the bodies have no vents on them, I thought maybe the propulsions can have some, they are pretty close to the body anyway.
ImageImage
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

I like the tires.

600th post
~theArmourer