Viper Wheels preview

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Carme Taika
Trained
Trained

Re: Viper Wheels preview

Post by Carme Taika »

Can we focus on the point of this thread, not how many Polygons making the wheels look strange and somewhat pathetic will save?
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

The point of this topic is for us to say wether it's good or bad only, but not give suggestions or to say what we think about any part of the model? Only artistic POV, no practical thinking?

I don't think that discussing about ways to reduce the poly count of your model is off-topic, but if you say so...

BTW, the "unified" wheels won't work because propulsion is separated between left/right parts, that would be duplicated anyway, in the current way things are.

~Olrox
Carme Taika
Trained
Trained

Post by Carme Taika »

Hrmmm; Well Anyhow; what do you think of my Model;
Opinions of the Model itself with the Wheels attached has not yet been commented on
probably due to all that jibberjabber about unified wheels that I wouldn't even consider; blotting my last post out.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Carme Taika wrote:Hrmmm; Well Anyhow; what do you think of my Model;
Opinions of the Model itself with the Wheels attached has not yet been commented on
probably due to all that jibberjabber about unified wheels that I wouldn't even consider; blotting my last post out.
I don't like it for a series of reasons. I'll not contribute further with the so-called "jibberjabber" on this topic, then.

~Olrox
Carme Taika
Trained
Trained

Post by Carme Taika »

Perhaps you mis-understand me;
the "Jibberjabber" was the continued discussion of Gnubond's Wheels,
Which as you already mentioned, the Propulsions are divided Left and Right in the game;
So they wouldn't even work, therefore they are Derailing the Topic.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Carme Taika wrote:Perhaps you mis-understand me;
the "Jibberjabber" was the continued discussion of Gnubond's Wheels,
Which as you already mentioned, the Propulsions are divided Left and Right in the game;
So they wouldn't even work, therefore they are Derailing the Topic.
Then perhaps you misunderstood me, also, because I don't think it's wrong to proppose things that would reduce the poly count by a considerable number given the reality of the engine - in this case, 28 faces probably. Actually that's relevant because small wheels is something we see a lot in the early game, esp. when playing against AI. Why not just reinforce the fact that it won't work instead of blaming him for not knowing that already?

I've already said what I think about your model, I'll really wait until you come up with a new version to comment, or wait until someone actually asks me anything. This is getting boring with that "he did that, he did this" talk.

~Olrox