Warzone Artwork policy

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Re: some graphic remake(updated jan-14)

Post by XboxJosh »

Oh, I SO saw that coming when I saw he was the most recently registered user, "Orlox"
:rolleyes:

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
Zarel
Elite
Elite

meta

Post by Zarel »

...no comment.
yamar
Trained
Trained

Re: some graphic remake(updated jan-14)

Post by yamar »

huh... that wasn't weird until I saw that there was an olrox and a orlox... but now I am very confused... O_o
explain please? xD

The artwork looks nice by the way.

Yamar
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Meta

Post by Olrox »

I am the original! I swear! :cool:
That was a little joke from my part, and I'm sorry if I actually offended anybody. I made that because a series of recent events, which made the context adequate, imo.
Please consider everything posted with that "Orlox" account as if it was from my own account.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Meta

Post by Berg »

yamar wrote:huh... that wasn't weird until I saw that there was an olrox and a orlox... but now I am very confused... O_o
explain please? xD
Your not the only one thats confused
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Warzone Artwork policy

Post by Zarel »

After a ton of work splitting and reconstructing, I believe I have managed to successfully split this topic.

Next time, can you guys like make separate on-topic and off-topic posts? I don't mind off-topic posts - it's not a big deal if there's only a few of them, and if they spark a conversation, splitting is easy enough. But splitting a topic is tons harder when a post is half-on-topic and half-off-topic...
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

@ Zarel: Thank you for your effort & the civility with which you managed it. :)

I'll endeavor to follow the guidlines & sorry to have put you to the trouble of spliting off to this topic. There is a time and place for Elizabethean, Salon type, conversation. I'll shift smoother henceforth without grinding the gears, so to speak, like I did here...

So..... as a quick re-cap...

An art coordinator is a position the project team should give consideration to for reasons I already posted.

Thoughts along those lines ? Team members... fans... artists... ?

Regards, RV :cool:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

My "no comment" response was directed at "Orlox's" somewhat hysterical reply. I totally had my own jokes, too but he beat me to it. :/

Anyway, yes, we do need an artistic lead, and we are looking into finding someone for that role. However, I think Odin79 might not be the best choice; isn't he more of a programmer than an artist? ;)

(More seriously, for reasons of tact, I won't be any more specific than that. I apologize.)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

The 'O' of my suggestion was not a programmer...

He's a 3D artist of the first rank who has also proven that he can work very effectively with other artists & has a clear grasp of what the project is after in re-making the game's GFX.... bringing it all foward to present day standards and being creatively fresh while still being true to the "spirit" of the original style. That is quite a set of abilities already demonstrated, IMHO.

.... Though, he may not feel he's quite ready to take it on. I wouldn't presume to speak to his perogatives regardless that I may think he has the complete package of abilities to be successful at this campaign..

I also think that such a position doesnot require a programmer - an artist with the intelligence to understand art related codeing feasibilities and roadmaps when coders share that knowledge is plenty good enough.

I honestly believe trying to be a first class coder and a first class artist / art director at the same time is something that could be possible if you had the brain of a Leonardo Da Vinci and those type brains are very rare indeed and not necessary at all to this position.

Any way... I've spoken my POV enough.

Regards, RV :cool: