Models by MaNGusT (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Re: models by MaNGusT

Post by Avestron »

I very much like the look of the new graphics - Good on you! :c)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Per wrote: I noticed that Scorpion and Viper bodies do not meet up with the wheel, track and half-track propulsion models. A large gap between the two is visible, especially in the design screen.
MaNGusT wants to make some visible connection element between the propulsion and the body, as in the FMVs that show the vehicles being assembled. Those would be something like this, but armored.

We are going to wait until the teamcolor mask system is working properly, to make textures for teamcolored parts such as weapons and props (and buildings probably). The current teamcolor system would be terribly impractical with high-definition textures and teamcolored buildings. :stressed:

While we wait for that, we'll go on making bodies I think :rolleyes:
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

the models are very nice! good work... and i hope that these are standard in the source soon!

Cheers, Yamar
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Oh, and about the color saturation, It looks good on your screenshots. I think it's my PC after all - I had to open it and make some maintenance because it didn't turn on this morning. I think it's going to die real soon :gonk: :stressed: :gonk:
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Olrox wrote:I think it's my PC after all - I had to open it and make some maintenance because it didn't turn on this morning. I think it's going to die real soon :gonk: :stressed: :gonk:
Take vacuum cleaner and clean the processor's cooler and the video card's cooler. xD Also, you can clean the heat sinks under the coolers. Also, the power supply can simply die of old age. Bad news... :(
mannex
New user

Post by mannex »

MaNGusT wrote:
Olrox wrote:I think it's my PC after all - I had to open it and make some maintenance because it didn't turn on this morning. I think it's going to die real soon :gonk: :stressed: :gonk:
Take vacuum cleaner and clean the processor's cooler and the video card's cooler. xD Also, you can clean the heat sinks under the coolers. Also, the power supply can simply die of old age. Bad news... :(
Oh man, never recommend vacuum-clean a PC, will create loads of dangerous (well for the computer) static electricity. I use a brush to get dust outa the heatsinks and then airpressure (tire pump) to get it all out. A little safer.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Yeah - I also did that ;)
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

I like to risk xD
It's just faster and easier...
virgilglyph
Trained
Trained

Post by virgilglyph »

MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

The 2 versions of bunker's texture by me & Olrox.
leo1.jpg
The new model for the Leopard body. The Texture is created by Olrox.
bunks.jpg
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

MaNGusT wrote:The 2 versions of bunker's texture by me & Olrox.
They don't need to go that deep; also they should slope out a bit. Significantly. Especially near the top. Refer to the old bunker:

Leopard looks nice, though. I think it's a bit too saturated, though.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:
MaNGusT wrote:The 2 versions of bunker's texture by me & Olrox.
They don't need to go that deep; also they should slope out a bit. Significantly. Especially near the top. Refer to the old bunker:

Leopard looks nice, though. I think it's a bit too saturated, though.
Oh, but Mangust forgot to specify: This is the machinegun bunker. It is just like the current one, and the turret bunkers are going to be tapered like the current ones, sure! :D

Also, the current placement height is too high, I think they are like the ones I've made some time ago in some schematics - the height looks to be set by the highest corner. I think that some help on modifying these codes would be appreciated (I dare not to say too much because Mangust handles the game files).

I'd also rather have a slightly desaturated texture for leopard. I think the unaltered version looked fine, generally Mangust saturates it to avoid too many loss of detail with zoom out. :rolleyes:
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

I very much like this new line of models. Of the two pill-boxes I'd say the first looks better - the foundation brick work shading could afford to be a little lighter (or the border shadow less deep) - but I like the brickwork design.

Very nice Leopard too - not sure if it could slide a little to the green as its very deep torquoise - which is a cool shade really though not sure how it would gel with team colour body parts. :c)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I love the new pillboxes! :D
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

now that you are making models, you could prepare the heavy ones to have 2 turrets, killing 2 birds with 1 rock...

since they have 1 weapon in front and a second on the back, maybe a escalated look would be the best i guess.