Models by MaNGusT (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: models by MaNGusT

Post by MaNGusT »

Black NEXUS wrote:You idea is to use teamcolors in all features, so in bodys too? Or why you are now so bad? :(
do you want to play only with a new bodies? why you don't want to play in trunk version?
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by Black NEXUS »

My Hardware on my Laptop don't support OpenGL 2.1+ :(
On my PC, it is much time to load, 5 min. for one sk to load and the laggs, no way!
Join NeoX-Virt - The Software-Forge on neox-virt.de
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Black NEXUS wrote:My Hardware on my Laptop don't support OpenGL 2.1+ :(
On my PC, it is much time to load, 5 min. for one sk to load and the laggs, no way!
You're not alone with those problems, even I won't be able to play the mod because my PC is crappy too. But it's a necessary thing.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Olrox wrote:
Black NEXUS wrote:My Hardware on my Laptop don't support OpenGL 2.1+ :(
You're not alone with those problems, even I won't be able to play the mod because my PC is crappy too. But it's a necessary thing.
Guys, you need to upgrade your PCs.
Olrox, your video card is 7 years old and all other hardware too, I think. It's a good time to buy a new PC. ;)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

MaNGusT wrote:Guys, you need to upgrade your PCs.
Olrox, your video card is 7 years old and all other hardware too, I think. It's a good time to buy a new PC. ;)
Mine isn't anything much newer, but all mods run great!
It is all about matinainance...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:No, Teamcolor is already concentrated in the propulsion and turret: Bodies have their own characteristic colors, so we aren't planning to add teamcolored parts to them.
This is correct.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Model uploaded by yahodahan and fixed by me. Now It has 262 faces without visual degradation(original model has 344).
New concrete wall model
New concrete wall model
qubodup
Trained
Trained

Post by qubodup »

Gor-ge-ous! :!!!:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Omg, that's way too much! Especially for a wall model! O_o
And there's the glitch of the positioning of the "fins": they are only present in one side.

But, if they worked alright, and weren't too high-poly for warzone, they'd be fine I think
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

they look excellent - and fins on one side - is the way its supposed to be. looks great. :)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

lav_coyote25 wrote:they look excellent - and fins on one side - is the way its supposed to be. looks great. :)
Yeah, I know they're supposed to be on only one side. "Glitch" is, how will the engine tell the walls to be placed rotated to the right side?
It happened even on this screenshot:
Problem
Problem
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

interesting! i did not notice that... i will blame that on my old tired eyes. xD
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Olrox wrote:"Glitch" is, how will the engine tell the walls to be placed rotated to the right side?
yes, it's the main problem.
Olrox wrote:Omg, that's way too much! Especially for a wall model!
Did you mean that it has too much faces? => viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4530&start=0#p45406
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

MaNGusT wrote:Did you mean that it has too much faces? => viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4530&start=0#p45406
Yeah, I was there - sorry I didn't say that back there. But I really think that walls should have barely the same poly count as bodies, as they're going to be repeated a lot.

Hmm, but I can't imagine a way to solve the "sides" problem unless the devs make it possible to rotate structures, and write a code that makes walls be always alligned. Or if the model is made symmetrical.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Olrox wrote:Hmm, but I can't imagine a way to solve the "sides" problem unless the devs make it possible to rotate structures, and write a code that makes walls be always alligned. Or if the model is made symmetrical.
I think even if we made it possible to rotate buildings manually, you wouldn't want to do that manually for changing between inside and outside versions of walls. If there is some kind of heuristic we can run to determine which side is 'in' and which is 'out', we can add that, but I am not sure there is any that will always work.