New Features

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Features

Post by Mysteryem »

I've finally finished the new features for trunk. You can find the files (including those for editworld) on ticket #872. The tunnels and terrain features did not make it I'm afraid. Please notify me of any problems, #873 has already been created for one.
Pictures: (most are from the old thread, but I can't edit it so here they are)
Click for large images.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage(Command relay centre and HQ for size comparison)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Re: New Features

Post by winsrp »

wow a bridge... can we cross it? can it be destroyed? can it be repaired? can it be built?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

winsrp wrote:wow a bridge... can we cross it? can it be destroyed? can it be repaired? can it be built?
No. Yes. No. No.

1. If we had implemented crossable bridges, it'd be announced all over the forums, so clearly that's not what happened here. ;)
2. Most features are destroyable.
3. The difference between a feature and a structure is that features don't belong to anyone, and therefore can't be built or repaired.
4. The difference between a feature and a structure is that features don't belong to anyone, and therefore can't be built or repaired.

Remember, when you think of a feature, think of those abandoned buildings in Urban maps, or those trees in Mountain maps.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well as you put it, you have to elements

object
code

a object only thing is a feature, and object + codding = building, so i guess we are half way there to getting a walkable, buildable, repairable bridge then. ;)
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Bridge is just Awesome! not sure about everything else though.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Sweet. That's very kwel you worked out the 32EW files for the new feature structs out of the "Lab Buildings".... Those look real good and universal as well so I will try to use them to build "Perimeter Enclaves" at some of the locations where there are oil resources up for grabs - maybe attach some CAM script triggers to them too. Dang, I now wish I had maxed-out my "WS" map dimensions cause there is so much fab art you guys are creating I'd like to include.

Regards, whip :ninja: