Upgraded Truck model/texture needed!

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Upgraded Truck model/texture needed!

Post by Zarel »

Well, make it the way you want it to, as long as it satisfies the requirements I've set out. :P I mean, it's not like I have many of them. Just "make the 'horns' look like regular truck horns", and everything else can be your artistic license.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Yeah, I'd create it the way I wanted it if I were making an optional mod. Currently, the upgraded truck is intended to be added to the core game, therefore it must meet certain requirements, in this case, set by Zarel. I must hear what the developers of this project want me to do, so that my work satisfies them (much like when you're not making something for your mod, but for everyone else's).

About the "horns", I've made adjustments to the texture so that it looks like the current ones, from the borg engineer (which I'm not planning to remodel). I'll make an updated version of the simple truck when I've got a good approval rate for the textures.
Per wrote:What I like about the current truck is that it is easily recognized as a truck. I do not see this as easily with the suggested model. There are too many things about it that catch the eye that don't say "truck" to me.
Maybe it says "upgraded truck"? xD
Hmm, maybe the grid at the truck's bed looks too different from the actual truck. But if my simple truck version is accepted along with the upgraded one, they'll look very similar. And I think that the main feature to be common to all the construction units should be the horns, since the borg engineer doesn't even have any material storage recipient... Not really sure :ninja:

Let's wait and see what it looks like in the game, using the last textures I've posted. :rolleyes:
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Olrox wrote:Yeah, I'd create it the way I wanted it if I were making an optional mod. Currently, the upgraded truck is intended to be added to the core game, therefore it must meet certain requirements, in this case, set by Zarel. I must hear what the developers of this project want me to do, so that my work satisfies them (much like when you're not making something for your mod, but for everyone else's).
If it doesn't make it into base.wz I'd definitely like to put it into 'War School 2112'- with your permission, natch. :)

Regards, whip :ninja:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

whippersnapper wrote: If it doesn't make it into base.wz I'd definitely like to put it into 'War School 2112'- with your permission, natch. :)
Feel free to do what you see best, I mean:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3535&start=90#p37877
That belongs to everyone actually ;)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote: If it doesn't make it into base.wz I'd definitely like to put it into 'War School 2112'- with your permission, natch. :)
Olrox wrote:Feel free to do what you see best, I mean:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3535&start=90#p37877
That belongs to everyone actually ;)
Cool. Thank you. :) I already saw that post earlier.... but I'm what you call "old school" in that I feel the need to ask permission directly especially if the creator is easily reached to do so. :cool: There is always the possibility that the creator would prefer not to have their work associated with the particular usage made public already and if that was the case I would sincerely respect and honor that regardless of any frackin licensing details already in place. Definitely "old school" that and me in general. O_o

Regards, whip :ninja: