Just another Scavenger art

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: Just another Scavenger art

Post by whippersnapper »

you can see the updated wiki page here = http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Mods/ScavArt (lav_coyote25 updated.) xD

i-NoD wrote:
Edit: Hey whippersnapper, just thought to add your good phrase about imagination xD
Hehe, think I know what you mean. ;) I actually edited myself down from the original which read:
"Imagination, it's a wonderful thing. It's absence, a persistent buzzing, terribly annoying gnat."
Regards, whip O_o
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

been offline a while but i wanted to say awesome i liked the buggies too :D
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

new paradigm leader wrote:been offline a while but i wanted to say awesome i liked the buggies too :D
The buggy is still very incomplete and needs a re-texturing (black box on a rear side should be a motor... ;) ) - it's just a fast downscale from jeep model...

I've added my hi-res art into this mod and here is what we have now:
wz2100_shot_002.png
Btw, there are MGunners in guard towers and they are rotating :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

i-NoD wrote:I've added my hi-res art into this mod and here is what we have now:
I like the towers. The walls look a bit thick, though. Scavs use flimsier materials than that!
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Zarel wrote:The walls look a bit thick, though. Scavs use flimsier materials than that!
Hmm... that's an optical illusion from warmer colors - i didn't touch the wall models... i think i can make 'em thinner a bit
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Oh, and the rotating tower gunners are completely awesome.

And you know that's true, since I don't use terms like "completely awesome" for things that aren't completely awesome. ;)
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

i must agree that is completely awesome rotating machinegunners in towers dude! that's almost insane
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

I can see it now - "Scav Wars !". A pure test of command skills from a level playing field - frack the tech race click-fest twitching.. At least that is what I imagine because I'm one of the few, it would seem, who believe Scavs do NOT equal stupid but rather savvy and canny and resourceful - in EVERYTHING, much yet to be realized in game play mechanics.... Building flimsy walls would be done as a ruse, a gambit, a ploy and NOT because Scavs just build fortifications out of flimsy materials because they're dumb-ass "primitives"... That is part of my "take" and, frankly, it totally shapes what I'm doing with Scavs. ..

As always i-NoD your art is actively inspiring and exudes quality through and through. :) And the rotating MG tower is indeed a brilliant advance for Scavs.. I call it as i see it, frack any high-horse parsing or parsimony. ;)

Regards, whip :ninja:

new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

but scavs were never stupid even in psx version they used ambush tactics with strategic withdrawals their initial tech is better than the project and they if treated true to their name would be able to destroy Nexus with not too much trouble as raided military weapons tech in unison with lack of synaptic link for nexus to hack renders them immune to Nexus
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

has this been made into a mod? if so where can i download.
Dies Irae: Day of Wrath
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Here is a current snapshot of my campaign art-mod, so you can play a little...
A brief summary:
- New jeep model (no mgun for now)
- New rocket jeep model (looks like pick-up :P)
- New buggy model (incomplete, no mgun)
- New scav walls, mg and cannon guard towers, flame tower
- Re-worked textures for crane, water tower, lookout tower and power pylons
ScavArtMod_TRUNK_preview.cmod.wz
(420.02 KiB) Downloaded 633 times
ScavArtMod_2.2.X_preview.cmod.wz
(403.13 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
And here is a tiny patch for trunk to allow muzzle flashes to fire from different weapon connectors (if there is more than one in weapon .pie file) in case of burst shot. My rkjeep is ready for this feature :P and i can also modify other missile weapons for this (i've checked every weapon pie and currently they are single-connector).
variating_muzzles.patch
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

awesome man! :)

with the patch it looks real and _very_ good.. please open a ticket for it
regards
elio
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

hey any updates? maybe you could update infantry and trikes that would be awesome
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

new paradigm leader wrote:hey any updates? maybe you could update infantry and trikes that would be awesome
I've been busy with the code for a while... so, nope... but there are plenty of a new stuff around lately :)

As for infantry: that would require a LOT of work with a uncertain outcome, not sure that i want to cope with animation - and if i begun surely i would end up in wz code tryin' to fix an unspeakable amount of bugs and glitches (ever saw a baba person caught in fire and exploded with debries? O_O try for yourself), that's not that fun compared to easy going static models rework... so i have plans for trike and Avenger, hehe :ninja:

For moderators: why its not allowed for the author to edit his first post? just want to keep the latest stuff there and not to force people to scan all pages
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

fair enough mate. s'all good so far anyway. i think it will look brilliant in WS