Just another Scavenger art

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Just another Scavenger art

Post by lav_coyote25 »

updated all 6 pages - to show this = you can see the updated wiki page here = http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Mods/ScavArt (lav_coyote25 updated.) xD
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Section deleted: You are free to criticize people, but "lol this person sucks" is not constructive criticism.

I really like the Scavenger theme which is being consistently developed by many of the active members of our community. I may not post in every topic, however, I really think the art gets more interesting each day, and I really think that it would be a very efficient way of innovating Wz2100. Somebody commented something about "Terrorist faction in WZ"... O_o
Is there anything more terrorist than Nexus? I think that the scavengers are the less "terrorist" faction of enemies in Wz2100's campaign...

But the art looks nice, and I think everybody that's working on this theme deserves congratulations.

Just to remember, I'm available for making textures, on demand. I've still got much to learn (who doesn't), but I'm willing to!
I can manage to map & texturize .3ds or .obj files.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:I am aware of what you cite, Zarel. Have been. I made the first WZ 2100 wiki in 2004, after all, and dealt directly with the folks that run the show at Wikia in the process. Post bb edits were also allowed in Pumpkin's Official WZ bbs and every fan WZ bb I ever admined-moderated-hosted-web mastered. I've also had no restrictions on my editing in any other bbs I've participated in for almost 20 years now (we called them EBBs, back then). ;)

Common can be entirely relative to your experience and no, I'm sorry, but your experience does not in any way supersede or speak for mine and never will since my yard stick takes its measure first hand from when I started pre-browser / html and circulating in cyber circles built of pure capitalism from way back to this moment.
I never claimed to speak for you. Regardless, I was pointing out that many common forums restrict editing for this reason (and I named a few examples to that effect). I do, however, admit that it's moderately unnecessary on a smaller forum like this one, but I defer to Kamaze's judgment.

Section deleted
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Dunno, but i've thought: it has something to do with karma... :)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Zarel you don't get on my nerves. You pique my interest in ways I value. Plus I think you're a good egg all the way around and doing fine work to boot. Honest. No bull chit. :)

And i-Nod.... I appreciate your art, your brains, your common sense and your sense of humor. xD

I understand Kamaze's reasoning. It's based on a very blunt premise - given the opportunity to act badly most people will. While I agree there will be some I differ in that I believe most will NOT avail themselves of said opportunity to act badly - just the opposite. So when it is within the scope of my purview to make these type decisions I will regard and treat the majority as being capable of acting properly on their own accord and deal with the minority that act poorly or badly on an individual basis as it may come up. Pre-emptively acting to the lowest-baddest common denominator is just not a stance or tact I have ever found appealing or profitable in RL. But really what this boils down to is "hegemony" based on owning or paying for the hosting server-service. Or as the saying goes: "It's my way or the highway." Or: "Might is right."

In any case, this thread is about artistry manifest and the history of humanity is littered with the dry, dusty, lifeless bones of forgotten hegemony while the art and artists of those epochs bask in glory to this day, revered as treasures without price.

I'm here mainly for the active artists and the multi-faceted art of WZ (I include coding as an art as well) - period. By comparison, any hegemony is easily dealt with and ultimately forgettable..

Regards, whip :ninja:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Oh my... I was just talking about something I've already talked about with Zarel and I bet he agrees with me. Zarel doesn't "sucks" as stated in the red words that I didn't write. He is a valuable member of this community, and as any true human being, he has personality, which is a good thing. I wanted only to state my opinion that it's normal to see long posts in a topic where he is taking positions, because he doesn't give up his point easily and that is very good. I mean, there is no need to be upset or think he is trying to irritate someone, he's not a bad person.

Telling other people about things I've already talked about, and seen, could spare more off-topic and non-constructive criticism about Zarel, and THAT was my purpose. It is very unfortunate that I can't express myself in perfect ways because I only write in english when I'm on this forums, but I'm sorry if I couldn't say what I really meant.
:-S
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate everybody who's working on scavenger art and searching ways of expanding WZ2100's gameplay variety. Now I'm outta here.