The Animator cut-scene thread. Post Here about the videos .

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: The Animator cut-scene thread. Post Here about the video

Post by stiv »

I've lost track of exactly which models these are. I was under the impression the Art Revolution models were quite nice.
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

And they are nice, especially when we're talking about in-game graphics. But 3D cinematics and cut scenes are a different story, especially when the in-game models and textures are as low-poly as the ones in Warzone...

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but because of the very nature of media compression formats, we shouldn't be restricting ourselves to low-poly models and a sub-par lighting engine (I've never used Icona, so the latter may be incorrect)

I seriously urge the admin of this sub-project to push for fresh models (Same objects, but modeled more accurately) and a standard, preferably open source rendering engine (Maximize the potential participants, free is good). Because I know from experience that cross-engine models tend bring many unwanted hiccups to any media project.

Even if the above mentioned doesn't happen, I will still gladly assist in any way I can (Including textured models), because I do love this community and open source project.

My example is in the middle of rendering, may take some time :P
Capture.PNG
"Game over man! Game over!"

In-game User: Penguin Army
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

But 3D cinematics and cut scenes are a different story, especially when the in-game models and textures are as low-poly as the ones in Warzone...
That was the gist of my question. The in-game models are waaaay too low-poly to be used as-is, unless you are going for a cartoony look.

As I understand (corrections welcome!), the Art Revolution models are hi-rez models (in Blender?) that are decimated to low-poly for use in-game. That may be incorrect, but I have seen some beautiful AR stills.
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

The AR models are nicer, yes and higher poly... but still low-poly "enough". I just finished my render of the NASDA Satellite from the intro video, to give you an idea:
NASDA.png
I'm going to upload a more direct comparison with an actual AR Warzone still next, that may help you understand my discrepancy a bit better.

Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi stealthx
Trevormanaze is using the textured lowpoly versions of my models, since his render engine essentially is the same as in most videogames.
Of course, I also have the untextured hipoly models which I used for baking normals and ao. Since you're also using blender, I could send you some stuff if you want.
Just pm me :).
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

hmmm... if someone could rip the audio from the original video too, I could "blend" a quick intro video for High-res (or you know, modern) machines.

Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Since the original cutscenes have been converted to .ogg, you could just load them straight into blender's video editor and the audio and video will come as separate strips.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

w.z. has many different dish sensory models.
Attachments
Sensory item.jpg
Last edited by trevormanaze on 07 Feb 2016, 03:12, edited 2 times in total.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Jorzi wrote:Since the original cutscenes have been converted to .ogg, you could just load them straight into blender's video editor and the audio and video will come as separate strips.
that's the best news I have ever heard. I didn't know one could do this. I will work with that later. I need to figure out how to make the vehicles all move at once.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Body + weapon combinations with various body types.
Attachments
render2jpg.jpg
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

The ffmpeg utility can split video into separate streams. Or recombine them.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Many users have wanted to help making high resolution renders of warzone2100 3d models.

I have converted .pie to .obj , downloaded better obj and pie models, made the decision between them witch would be included in the final release. chose weather or not they look good or not.

Warzone2100 project was included in the backdrop artwork of this content description image, and 400 models were successfully ported over to .iclone by me.
!!! Here is how to help contribute to the artwork: !!!

I made a download available on the internet through the world of torrenting, to allow Warzone2100 users to participate in acquiring the software required to make 1k animations and all the models complete under the "props" portion of the iclone animation program then locate Warzone2100 at the very bottom of the alphabetized list, this expansion pack is located at the bottom of the props list, which is included in this bundle.
Please only submit high quality animation's of multiple models working in a visual conjunction to provide support for the project by helping in the cut-scene portion this thread and attempting to re-create warzone bases, from single player campaign videos and making high rez, 1k samples of replacement material.

iclone.bundle.2016.windows3d.simulator-manaze

The general push was to move from 1k animation's to side by side converting for 3d glasses with 3dOS WIN732bit God mode.

I added a warzone2100 3.1.2. .exe version to the bundle from 2015 to familiarize a large audience I have retained by releasing an annual update to iclone software with the newest version available. The wz2100 source forge reported 20,000 downloads in almost 3rd week for new 3.1.3 version for new 2016 version. I have made available almost unlimited warzone2100 content available to allow users to contribute to the progress of artwork and the capabilities to utilize the unreal engine 4.0 now, and by 2017, ALL the new and most up to date models available will be ported into from iclone to unity where the virtual reality software "OCULAS" will combine with Unity and eventually allow warzone 2100 models to be viewed in an enviroments that is currently the dominant engine for making video games. (.pie to .obj , new obj - .iprop - .unity ) enjoy the sample back drop image of whats included.
Attachments
11233794_10206881704175469_1001482166752968686_o.jpg
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Here is an example of what the wz props inside iclone look like. heres what to look for if you decide to grab the bundle previously mentioned full of 400 3d models ready for animating and movie making purposes.
Attachments
Wz.IPROPS.jpg
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

I have made a little bit of progress with the ammunition.

Quick little test.

If i would have removed the particle smoke, it would of worked better.

Here is something i was able to come up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRZIYGezM3M
KlassKill
Trained
Trained

Post by KlassKill »

need more content