The Animator cut-scene thread. Post Here about the videos .

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

The Animator cut-scene thread. Post Here about the videos .

Post by trevormanaze »

This is the official Animation portion of the wz2100 project. !!!"Please send me texured obj,3ds,or fbx, .skp models"!!!

My specialty is making the animation, which requires a little help from the community reguarding the models that are going to be used inside the official cutscene videos that are being re-created for the campaign.

The process goes as such that my animation program accepts .obj , .3ds , and .fxb. .skp These models are going to be as realistic as possible and as close to the original warzone project as we can make them from the original source.

The models need to be textured, either by pie slicer, bender or how ever else the community model creators do it.

I am sorta able to texure them myself, but it is very difficult for me to grab the original .bmp tile-sets and cut, and copy, and try to past them on the models becuase I am not familiar with blender.

I use a program called Iclone, that will be the final rendering application used to produce the videos.
Last edited by trevormanaze on 09 Dec 2015, 06:59, edited 3 times in total.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: The Animator cut-scene thread. Post Here about the video

Post by Berg »

! can convert models to object format but im not sure what you wona do with them please show example work?
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Berg wrote:! please show example work?
Here you go sir, the weapon is Heavy Cannon .

This is very hard for me to do. Id rather be making the movies instead of texuring.
Attachments
heavy cannon.jpg
heavy cannon.jpg (23.71 KiB) Viewed 12594 times
Last edited by trevormanaze on 09 Dec 2015, 06:55, edited 3 times in total.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Put this 2gether for you

Post by trevormanaze »

https://youtu.be/WOZ_Qek-5i4
warzone 2100 test Tank in parkinglot 5mph

High definition animation utilizing the models from warzone inside iclone.

Heres an example of the power of what the cutscenes may look like.
Last edited by trevormanaze on 09 Dec 2015, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Looks too slow and wierd but has potential.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Why do you want .skp? What programs are you using? If you tell us about your software, we might find a solution that works for you.
The free version of sketchup is crappy adware, but it seems to be able to open .dae files as well.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

https://copy.com/tHFYRDwrldTy9iWE <= a zip containing most of my improved weapon models as well as some buildings. The .dae file contains all the models and all the textures are there as well.
ImageImage
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Most the time, tanks go slow, i did it going 5mph or so in virtualized world I created from scratch .

I received your files and made a backup.

The software I use is Iclone 5.5(not 6.0) http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/default.html

I can provide the software to you through e-mail if you would like to examine it further. (with my custom content available)

I have no idea what to do from this point, got your .png and your .dae file.

IF you can provide me support with how to go through this process, it may work faster , but you decide whats next....

.pie to blender to CAD to sketchup to .iprop (iclone prop format) or: look at 3DXchange 6.

3DXchange 6 is the content superhighway of conversion into .iclone enviroment : http://www.reallusion.com/iClone/3DXchange.html

Once inside .iclone or .iprop I can begin specialized identical animations that are going to look amazing, I promis to integrate the old style with the new. It going to be amazing once we get your building's into an environment where I will learn how to enhance warzone over-all character and feel through the story telling part of this life long project. XD
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Im going to go try to wipe my system and go back to windows 7 down from 10, where i started in the first place so I can re-install iclone 5.4 and be ready for ur response on the 3dexchange.

Using the older version of iclone is safe and easier to use so try to stay at that level of software when implementing a way for me to get started in .iprop converted files.

bbl

attached a picture:
Here is what I was able to do with the .dae file. I used a temporary model viewer.
Here is what I was able to do with the .dae file. I used a temporary model viewer.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

berg I need your to.

Then both berg and jorzi need to help convert to .iclone .iprop or atleast any exceptable workable format that 3dexchange has listed. One step at a time....
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Looks like you managed to import my stuff. Now you just need to assign the textures to each model.
I read that iclone can also easily load .obj files. Those are usually quite easy to work with, although you will need to create the materials and assign the textures yourself. Please also note that none of the models come pre-rigged, so I guess they all count as props.
ImageImage
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

trevormanaze wrote:I have navigated my way all through the endless information highway on how to convert the videos. :shock:

My needs: I have ripped them out and have them in PIE format. :lecture:

Since Im on windows 10 with an onboard graphics card, I cant go any further with conversion regarding blender or 3d convert.

I need All the currently updated Warzone buildings send to me in .skp format :idea:
Once this happens, Everyone will see me rock n roll and get started. I HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS TO DO THIS! :oops:

Once You guys are able to begin starting the conversion process, I will begin the video making process.

I am ready with the first 3 bodies and wheel and halftrack .iclone formatted and that part is finalized.
I can even do the terrain animated aswell.
Mission: Begin posting .skp (sketchup) ready warzone models so the authentic cut-scenes will start rolling out! :!!!:
If I understand you correctly, you are going to redo the cut-scenes, and you want the .pie models converted to some format, so you can use them in a video?
I never heard of .iclone, but, the best bet would be use a different format that iclone understands, and then use blender (or whatever) to convert the pies to that.

Good luck!
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

Before.jpg
before:
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

I know everybody seems to have trouble making PIE slicer work, but "driver pack solution" just installed every file i needed to make it work. Be careful with it though, some versions may contain viruses. seems like PIE slicer requires a lot of old files that no longer exist.

How to make pie slicer work?=driver pack solution 10.4
Last edited by trevormanaze on 09 Dec 2015, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.