Using Art Revolution textures for future models.

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Using Art Revolution textures for future models.

Post by Black Project »

Hello Art Revolution Team.

I'm really impressed by your long hard work in redoing all models and textures for WZ2100, i am really hoping this project be included in future Warzone releases as a separate modification, of course, due to it's high quality, demanding a more powerful PC.

But let's talk about what really matters: it's textures.

Do you guys really mind people using your textures? I can already see an endless potential from these textures in creating models based on them, think about people with high creativity, to not say endless, using them to create their own models.

Art Revolution Mod is out there for download a long time ago, but somehow it saddens me that people aren't using it's textures to create new models, maybe they are not licensed to Public Domain/CC-0 or GPLv2, correct me if i am wrong.

Any advice is appreciated.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Using Art Revolution textures for future models.

Post by Jorzi »

Art Revolution mod is licensed as cc-by-sa-3.0 and I can separately license my stuff as CC0 if needed.

Be aware however that the object space normal maps used for the models are not that reusable since they define the absolute normal and must therefore always face a fixed direction. Also most of our textures have very individual lighting baked in.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-