Viper body

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Viper body

Post by Karthik_Prakash_Iyer »

Well,I did say i'll be contributing to the game ;) . Here's my version of a Viper body.
Red is the glass.
Dark shades are Main Armor.
There's a mount for a Turret.
Attachments
Viper Body.png
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Re: Viper body

Here it is from another angle
Attachments
Viper body 1.png
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Spent on learning 3d modelling more than 1 day. It's not that easy as you think. WZ needs a completed complex 3d stuff, not a couple of polygons you just learned how to move in 3d software. I suggest you to study some tutorials about low poly modelling, creating textures etc.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

You Only fail if you stop trying...
Keep up the work and learning all input is good...
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Mangust,Yeah it's just a basic Version,once you guys like a design and approve it for the game,then i'll make it into a completed thing!.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Karthik_Prakash_Iyer wrote:Mangust,Yeah it's just a basic Version,once you guys like a design and approve it for the game,then i'll make it into a completed thing!.
You are going about this the wrong way.
You need to complete the model, get it in the game, show pictures, and THEN people can tell you if it should be in the game or not.

As Berg said, keep on practicing, and when your final model is done, post pics.

If you want to post rough drafts, that is fine as well, people can offer you advice.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Oh ok... Brother... will do it then... But yeah,advices and opinions,suggestions are most welcome....
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Nice work :)
Although as MaNGusT said, the real challenge lies in making a complete model, with UV maps, textures, optimised use of geometry and, once we get more advanced, normal and specular mapping.

As for accepting it into the game, you must understand one thing:
The original game will be preserved as it is. Anything new will be implemented as mods.
Art revolution mod has the specific objective of recreating the original graphics in higher definition, with some artistical freedoms taken to fill in the gaps.
So rather than trying to get accepted into someone else's project, you can easily make your own mod.
Making your own mod will never mean that you will be isolated from other people.
Since we are using open source licenses, everyone's mods can be picked apart and remixed. People are making new campaigns, new weapon balancing, new units etc. You can make you own mod with all your favourite units and if you make nice art, other people might be interested in using your stuff in their mods.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-