Models By Hesterax

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: Models By Hesterax

Post by Hesterax »

xShadow421x wrote:Could potentially be an Assault Gun though :wink:
Maybe, though with a completely different texture and the fact that machingun towers don't use assault guns. Still trying to get my head over the fact that in the year 2100 weapons from the the early 20th century are still in use O_o
Attachments
The m1921; pretty much a water cooled m2 browning. This is the gun jorzi and Berg are talking about right?
The m1921; pretty much a water cooled m2 browning. This is the gun jorzi and Berg are talking about right?
m1921.jpg (126.49 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

This is a water cooled MG
scav mg tank
scav mg tank
skirmisher.jpg (215.34 KiB) Viewed 9311 times
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xShadow421x »

Hesterax wrote: Maybe, though with a completely different texture and the fact that machingun towers don't use assault guns.
Yes, of course. I just meant there's no sense in scrapping the asset now that it's made, but that's your call
Still trying to get my head over the fact that in the year 2100 weapons from the the early 20th century are still in use O_o
A very interesting concept indeed. Though I could see it happening in a way since we pretty much kind of do that now by upgrading older tech. Even in a time where lazer weapons are the norm, classic weapons still do there job just as well and probably more cost effective to build/reuse in a world that nearly ended. But that's just my thought; back to the topic at hand, your models are coming out great!
Last edited by xShadow421x on 18 Jan 2015, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

The fact is, the m2 was designed in 1918 and is still one of the most used hmg:s. The only reason it's not water-cooled anymore is that it's not really used as a primary weapon on armoured vehicles and it's mostly fired in short bursts only
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I haven't able to do much at all lately now that the holidays are over, so currently my work is a work in progress with no materials/texturing:
Attachments
Still haven't added the materials and scenery. The gun turret is supposed to be able to be rotated by a hidden mechanism somewhere hidden in the concrete that supports it. I don't expect to finish this project anytime soon.
Still haven't added the materials and scenery. The gun turret is supposed to be able to be rotated by a hidden mechanism somewhere hidden in the concrete that supports it. I don't expect to finish this project anytime soon.
Heavy Machinegun Overall View WIP.PNG (57.47 KiB) Viewed 9099 times
Another view of the Heavy Machine gun with the water-cooled M2 Browning partially visible.
Another view of the Heavy Machine gun with the water-cooled M2 Browning partially visible.
Heavy Machinegun Front WIP.PNG (102.82 KiB) Viewed 9099 times
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Nice progress man.
You'll probably notice that, as your meshes get more complex, UV unwrapping will also get harder. However, 3d-mapped procedural textures will always be your friend.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Yet again, I haven't been spending much time on this lately, and therefore took quite a while before actually deciding to work on this. Still plan to add a couple of things to make this scene a bit less bare, possibly a hexagonal bunker in the background, so this isn't final yet. Behold:
Attachments
Obviously need to work on the turret slit, but that will come later. Still a bare scene similar to my last project, but this time I plan to add more to it. A mistake here and there, but again, I don't call this final (despite the name I gave this render).
Obviously need to work on the turret slit, but that will come later. Still a bare scene similar to my last project, but this time I plan to add more to it. A mistake here and there, but again, I don't call this final (despite the name I gave this render).
Danato
New user

Post by Danato »

nice job!
I can definitely see your progress, its good that you posted them so you can see your own timeline.
This can probably push potential new contributors to start too :)