ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Models & Textures by cnceo

Post by Rman Virgil »

The pun flew by me. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Wow, both of you. The world, indeed, grows smaller. :) Which means that sometime, if you don't already, both have a firm grasp of the connection between the geometric version of Langlands Program and Quantum Mechanics, which has so far turned my brain to mush. :augh:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Well at least when it comes to me, I'm not really a theoretical physicist, just a normal one :P
I do get to play with expensive high-energy lasers now and then, though 8)
ImageImage
cnceo
Trained
Trained

Post by cnceo »

I just stumpeled upon this: http://www.makehuman.org

Basically it's an alternative to poser, open source and to me it appears to be quite powerfull (be sure to download the latest stable). A lot of options, rigging and some materials/clothes etc. Models can also be easily imported into blender.

Maybe this can help to speed up the modelling of scavanger soldiers/cut scenes etc.. Attached is a model I created in just 5 minutes by varying a few parameters.
Attachments
Guy1.jpg
Guy1.jpg (22.18 KiB) Viewed 10624 times
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Wouldn't it look more like this in game? :hmm:
Guy1.jpg
Guy1.jpg (887 Bytes) Viewed 10602 times
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Remember though that for hipoly models extra detail doesn't hurt, especially if you get it for free.
The current ingame models are basically animated cardboard cutouts. Now the question is, do we want to keep them as that or do we want to make them 3d?
ImageImage
cnceo
Trained
Trained

Post by cnceo »

Some time ago I created a vectorized version of the original Warzone 2100 cover inscription (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warzone_2 ... _cover.png). I never really did anything with it, but before it vanishes into oblivion I'm happy to share it. The attached zip file contains the svg and blend files for the logo in 2d and 3d. I would make it cc-by-sa, but I'm not sure whether it conflicts with the licence of the original cover.
Warzone 2100 3D render
Warzone 2100 3D render
wz_logo_render.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 7211 times
Attachments
wz_logo_vector_3D.zip
Includes svg, dxf and blend file of the inscription.
(143.81 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Bentjudges
New user

Models Textures by cnceo

Post by Bentjudges »

Hi,

I have some tools that can be used to generate textures like the ones attached. I made a sample using a color map with only 3 colors, Red, Green and Blue, the same sample on grayscale only, and the normalmap, which I simply generated with the GIMP plug-in.

The colors can be changed, more can be added, the roughness can be increased or decreased. The attachments are just a sample of what can be done. Since the texture is generated using a Fast Fourier Transform, the opposite edges of the images match, and they can be easily tiled.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will make the tools available to everybody.
cnceo
Trained
Trained

Post by cnceo »

Several years ago I started to model a high-poly model of the command relay center, but never finished it. Since I'm afraid I will never find the time to finish and texture it :cry: , I release the blender project file (zipped attachment, license CC BY-SA 4.0). Maybe it can be useful for anyone working on new models, so please feel free to use it. :)
bldrdcm0.jpg
Attachments
bldrdcm0.zip
Blender Project for Command Relay Center
(167.97 KiB) Downloaded 202 times