HD TEXTURES [I'm Back]

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

HD TEXTURES [I'm Back]

Post by VinYGomeZ »

sup folks...

:arrow: After about 2 years, i'm finally back and now i'm really motivated to make some mods for warzone 2100. I'm not an expert to use some programs like "blender", but i'm really good on photoshop cs, so... i can make really good texture files and i have started do edit some. I'm making HD textures from the original ones and i will make a mod called HD_Textures_Mod, which will replace the standard textures by the HD ones, the mod only will work on the original base game, if you folks have some new modeled building, it's possible that my mod wont work. But it is a future job, backing to the present, my first edit is here, the factories of tanks and cyborgs, let's take a look on the before/after image, and let's wait the mod ^^

PS: I'm accepting suggestions, so, you can be free to make some suggestions and advices for me, sorry for my english. XD
Next step>>> Research Center and Command Center. Oh, almost forgot, I will put some in-game screenshots too, but not today :wink:

image in full size:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... actory.jpg
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: HD TEXTURES [I'm Back]

Post by Berg »

wz2100-20130409_141600-Breach-1-01-T1.jpg
Your textures ingame!
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

Post by VinYGomeZ »

Hello again, i have made some updates on this textures file that i have placed before here, because it was too shiny, and some parts turned white, but here is the new textures file to test on your games and one in-game screenshot. And i'm already editing the textures file who changes the appearence of the HQ, the research center, the wall and some stuff like that... as soon as i finish i will put here the textures file and some in-game screenshots. Have fun!

texture file >>>
page-13-player-buildings.png
In-game screenshot>>>
wz2100-20130410_051543-Sk-Startup.jpg
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Looks nice, except for the old models.. really need updated models to go with nice shiny HD textures.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@VinYGomeZ - you might also be interested in these:

* viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7471
* viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9921
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

Post by VinYGomeZ »

Here we go again! I've finished one more textures file, now let's take a look on a new HQ, a new research center, and a new wall... and also i've started to edit the textures file who changes the power generator and oil pumps and these stuff. just a little trouble, i'm having no feedback, no comments, i need some opinions, suggestion like "what i have to change", "what is good", "what is too shiny/dark" or something like that.

Keep looking here for the new textures !

Texture file:
page-12-player-buildings.png
In-game Screenshots:
wz2100-20130411_131148-Sk-Rush.jpg
wz2100-20130411_132825-Sk-Rush.jpg
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

mods need to move this to artwork section with the other textures
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

You have edited the team colours for the top of the walls.
obsolete.jpg
obsolete.jpg (5.39 KiB) Viewed 16303 times
This is now an obsolete texture section on the texture pages in 3.1.0 and onward.
VinYGomeZ wrote: i'm having no feedback.
A lot of new things take a while for a response personaly I'm waiting to see what you do next.
With the extra space you have on the HQ texture pages you could if you researched it make the light blooms you have added be animated sections of a model.
you would have to maybe learn how to make models that the textures go on.
If you look at the factory texture page you have already edited you will note the 3 fan section at the bottom that is the animation for the factory fans.
That particular model has a couple of extra polygons added to allow for that animation.
I’m not saying you should do this. Just its part of the models you have already edited the textures too so I thought you might have interest in that fact.
What version of warzone are you using to test on?
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

Post by VinYGomeZ »

like i said before, i don't know how to edit the models for now, but as you said, i'm sure somethings can be much better, like the fact of animations in place than textures, but i have to learn how to do this before, so i'll keep editing the textures and i'll search how to do things, like placing animations on models, well observed by you ^^

and the post is now in the artwork section too:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10881
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Textures in HD for old models

Post by Terminator »

Looks awesome dude )) make for all main structures in game plz )
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

Post by VinYGomeZ »

ok, i am making a mod who changes all textures of the main structures, these screenshots are just some test for the final mod, i'm sure i will spend at last 5 days to edit everything, i guess, but as soon as i finish it i will post the mod here! thank you for appreciate it!
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

excellent work! keep it up!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Excellent stuff going on here, how did I not see this earlier?
If you need to know anything about 3d models or the graphics engine in warzone etc just pm me or post here, I browse this forum quite regularly.

Quick question: Are you familiar with the diffuse/specular/bump shading technique? Warzone currently has support for diffuse/specular as well as limited bumpmapping capabilities.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

Post by VinYGomeZ »

Here we go with another textures files. Now it's the one who changes the oil pump, power generator, VTOL factory, helipad, etc.

Let's see some in-game screenshots, and i will put the texturs file here to test!

Keep track of the news, Im editing now the laboratories textures file and after i will edit the structures plates and i'm editing the effects texpages too, making the effects more "effecting" and a little bit more shiny and realistic. THE MOD IS COMMING SOON!

textures file:
page-11-player-buildings.png
In-game Screenshots:
wz2100-20130416_150945-Sk-StartUp-T3.jpg
wz2100-20130416_150755-Sk-StartUp-T3.jpg
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

VinYGomeZ doing geat job keep it up. I wonder will you do some HD remake for effects textures ? for explotions, smoke or rain/snow too.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100