How to set up a working animation rig?

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Arisen
New user

How to set up a working animation rig?

Post by Arisen »

currently in the process of building a model that I planned to make for the Scavs... thinking of like a ninja assian.... haven't decided on the gun he will use yet... It got me to thinking... would the rigging process be the same as in blender? would I have to have turret nodes for the arms/weapons? It's all had me quite confused... :ninja:

currently my highpoly mesh is 84k verts or so... low density is about 2k... I read somewhere that the average unit model is 150-300 verts... but I've also seen mods with high resolution/detail units that look a lot higher than the norm to me.. I hope mine is not too dense. :hmm:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: How to set up a working animation rig?

Post by Jorzi »

Hi
The current animation script doesn't allow for any kind of deformation animation. If you make each arm segment as a separate object you can drive them using an armature or any other kind of animation and export it using my blender script. Just notice that you need to move the actual object rather than the vertices.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Arisen
New user

Post by Arisen »

Good to know, I will continue studing this and let you know how it progresses.

Here's an update on the model, for those intersted... haven't thought of a gun yet...

Twister22
Trained
Trained

Post by Twister22 »

Great work on this project you got there! :D
keep up the good work!
WZ2120&Nukemod Duo
http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13527
donate the project!
http://donations.wz2100.net/