Openandora Port

For code related discussions and questions
sebt3
New user

Openandora Port

Post by sebt3 »

Hi there,

We were working on this for quiet some times.
Here is the port thread on our boards : http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php ... 2100-port/
And the resulting binary : http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=wz2100

It's a bit slow on our pandora, but should reach full speed on a new tablet I guess (there would have some more wwrks to get there though)

Enjoy
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Openandora Port

Post by vexed »

Curious, what base version of the source did you use ?
You have listed Version:2.3.0.2, so I assume you used 2.3.0's base code ?
Does multiplayer work at all ?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
sebt3
New user

Post by sebt3 »

dont know where this 2.3.0.2 come from (I'm using automatic packaging) :D

This is 2.3.9 sources with a few addons ;)
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

What kind of profiling tools do you have to use?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: OpenPandora Port

Post by Rman Virgil »

When you mentioned tablets I couldn't help but think of the Android OS.

400 Million activations to date. At a million per day pace.

And I was just reading this interesting tid bit:
Linux

Android's kernel is based on the Linux kernel and has further architecture changes by Google outside the typical Linux kernel development cycle. [37] Android does not have a native X Window System nor does it support the full set of standard GNU libraries, and this makes it difficult to port existing Linux applications or libraries to Android. [38]

Certain features that Google contributed back to the Linux kernel, notably a power management feature called wakelocks, were rejected by mainline kernel developers, partly because kernel maintainers felt that Google did not show any intent to maintain their own code. [39][40][41] Even though Google announced in April 2010 that they would hire two employees to work with the Linux kernel community, [42] Greg Kroah-Hartman, the current Linux kernel maintainer for the -stable branch, said in December 2010 that he was concerned that Google was no longer trying to get their code changes included in mainstream Linux. [40]

Some Google Android developers hinted that "the Android team was getting fed up with the process", because they were a small team and had more urgent work to do on Android. [43]

However, in September 2010, Linux kernel developer Rafael J. Wysocki added a patch that improved the mainline Linux wakeup events framework. He said that Android device drivers that use wakelocks can now be easily merged into mainline Linux, but that Android's opportunistic suspend features should not be included in the mainline kernel. [44][45] In August 2011, Linus Torvalds said that "eventually Android and Linux would come back to a common kernel, but it will probably not be for four to five years". [46]

In December 2011, Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the start of the Android Mainlining Project, which aims to put some Android drivers, patches and features back into the Linux kernel, starting in Linux 3.3. [47][48]
Source link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo