More than three.

For code related discussions and questions
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: More than three.

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

My custom compile seems to work fine. I haven't actually SEEN tiles from the other sets working yet, but that could easily be a screw-up on my part from applying the .patch incorrectly.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

My custom compile seems to work fine.
Please confirm again: you put tile-100.png to /texpages/tertilesc1hw-*/ and managed to see it in game?
I haven't actually SEEN tiles from the other sets working yet, but that could easily be a screw-up on my part from applying the .patch incorrectly.
We could try to do some fast patching training in irc (?) i'll have some time ~2 hours later if you like. I seriously miss you there, the talk we do there in several days could be done in several minutes if we were in irc (:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ok, tile-100 work fine with Cyp's latest patch! :D
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Updated to remove all our attempts for >100 tile support (since we already have some), and bring regular ground coloring back to normal. Submitted this all to #3608.

I guess we can hold back for a while on things like elevation.
There's also this annoying "water climbing cliffs" thing still unresolved :(
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Everything's bad, i've actually broken water rendering when started relying on tile types.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I need some more thought on water. Even though outlining water tiles by a water render while basing desicions only on tile types is obviously possible (and that's exactly how it should be done), i'm running into weird renderer problems when i try to do this >_<

On the screenshot above, the water isn't rendered correctly: it includes some tiles that are not actually under water.

I probably need to postpone this till another patch.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

That's fine. It was worth a try, and a VERY sincere effort! :)

I was most concerned about breaking all maps made up to this point, so yeah.

I miss being on IRC as well. Between the heat wave and being busy as sin with life stuff, I haven't had the time or the motivation. That'll change after the new grandchild is born sometime within the next two weeks.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, i did end up changing the looks of some existing games at the end, but i think i have now fixed the water climbing cliffs problem at the end. Yay, that was an old one.

Also i separated two types of rocky mountain snow cliffs (light snow and heavy snow) to improve looks of the old maps with the new cliff rendering method that treats all sorts of cliffs equally, thus giving snowy cliffs more chance.

We need a new texture for light snow cliffs. I'm using gravel snow texture for now.