Post by guciomir »

please help Dydo

it would make his AI much more powerful
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Unit Speed Issue

Post by DylanDog »

Zarel wrote:The AI should decide whether its own units should get speed limiting.
But this is indeed the issue!

I think I have not been able to explain myself. I try again. AI is not able to tell a droid to move at his highest speed if this droid is belonging a group. AI cannot press F11.
Zarel wrote: The problem is that if you select a bunch of units and click on a destination, orderDroidLoc is called, not orderGroupLoc. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the speed limiting isn't done in those functions.
There is no diference at all between orderDroidLoc() or orderGroupLoc(), they both have the same effect on the droid speed: if the droid is in a group it moves at the higher speed of the slowest droid, even using orderDroidLoc() -> THIS IS THE ISSUE (from my point of view), this should be changed.

Please do not tell me I have to put units with the same body and engine in the same group. This is a huge change in the AI script, but if this is the only way to get a better AI I will follow this way.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

DylanDog wrote:But this is indeed the issue!

I think I have not been able to explain myself. I try again. AI is not able to tell a droid to move at his highest speed if this droid is belonging a group. AI cannot press F11.
I know that already. I was talking to KuKY, not you.
DylanDog wrote:There is no diference at all between orderDroidLoc() or orderGroupLoc(), they both have the same effect on the droid speed: if the droid is in a group it moves at the higher speed of the slowest droid, even using orderDroidLoc() -> THIS IS THE ISSUE (from my point of view), this should be changed.

Please do not tell me I have to put units with the same body and engine in the same group. This is a huge change in the AI script, but if this is the only way to get a better AI I will follow this way.
Speed limiting is not done in orderDroidLoc or orderGroupLoc. There's nothing in either function that can be changed! THAT is the issue.

The best solution I can think of is to toggle formation limiting with a script function. I'd help you, but WZScript is not my area of expertise. See if you can get Per to do it.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Zarel wrote: Speed limiting is not done in orderDroidLoc or orderGroupLoc. There's nothing in either function that can be changed! THAT is the issue.

The best solution I can think of is to toggle formation limiting with a script function. I'd help you, but WZScript is not my area of expertise. See if you can get Per to do it.
Ok thanks a lot, now all clear. I will ask Per.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Please make a bug ticket about it, then I'll try to get it done once I get some available time.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Per wrote:Please make a bug ticket about it, then I'll try to get it done once I get some available time.
thanks!

ticket #1177 opened
My Warzone 2100 mods: