Research tree editor

For code related discussions and questions
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Research tree editor

Post by Per »

winsrp wrote:It would be cool to be able to read pie files and show the 3d image on the app, ill see if i can work that out too. is pie a proprietary format?
Yes, but I have written some converters to standard formats that you can find in the source, see tools/ directory.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

winsrp wrote::) how nice is to have some useful information thanks zarel for taking your time.
whippersnapper wrote:.

Warzone Customizer Kit (aka "WZCK") utility did (& does) this plus a whole lot more editing as well. The only issues are that it only loads v.1.10 /v.1.11 data sets and outputs .wdg and not .wz file structures.

whippersnapper wrote: Indeed. Might be useful to have a look at Stratadrake's "WZ Customizer Kit", Watermelon's "Stat Editor", Pumpkin's Access db and the WRP's still conceptual only, "WZ Mod Shop" editor (I think that's how it's been referred to). All the relationships are extant and can be derived from these.
Hmmm, guess those just don't qualify as useful information and my time to post ain't worth a guano dropping. Or maybe pretending none of that is extant is how you need to go. I don't wonder why 'cause I now know first hand without a doubt how this plays so I'll be sure to take it into account henceforth.

Regards, whip O_O
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote: Indeed. Might be useful to have a look at Stratadrake's "WZ Customizer Kit", Watermelon's "Stat Editor", Pumpkin's Access db and the WRP's still conceptual only, "WZ Mod Shop" editor (I think that's how it's been referred to). All the relationships are extant and can be derived from these.
whippersnapper wrote: Hmmm, guess those just don't qualify as useful information and my time to post ain't worth a guano dropping. Or maybe pretending none of that is extant is how you need to go. I don't wonder why 'cause I now know first hand without a doubt how this plays so I'll be sure to take it into account henceforth.
Well, he had to ask about things that I assumed were self-explanatory... if he's not willing to just go trial-and-error them in Warzone itself, I doubt he'd be willing to trial-and-error them in WZCK, either. Some people are just lazy. :P
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I'm writing a text file editor that will work for this but its still beta look at the "WZ2100 Text Editor BETA" thread for more info.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

oh thanks but no thanks, i have already build that part, in vb.net, its a mere string.split and you have all the values in a easy to read array that you can put into a grid, no big deal.

I have just passed the part of automating the conversion of all the files into my access database file, and I'm doing some sql queries right now, you know the simple stuff so far

but as Zarel said, im just to lazy to put a screen shot...
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

winsrp wrote:oh thanks but no thanks, i have already build that part, in vb.net
Good my code sucks any way. :)
winsrp wrote: its a mere string.split and you have all the values in a easy to read array that you can put into a grid, no big deal.
That's more or less what mine is to. When can I play with your editor? Or at least post some screen shots.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

ok reviving this topic since long time ago, here is a small preview of the editor I have been doing.
WZ editor.PNG
There are pretty much a section for each of the txt files in the game (yes I do need to include a lot of them yet)

As far as the researches goes this screen will help making thinks a lot faster, I'm going to include a search too to quickly move between components.

The tree with the prerequirements will also include, resulting components, redundant components etc etc and all that, and you will be able to just right click and add new feature to that tree. So far its just display only but it will generate the files needed on a build button I have still to add.

I do need some help with the image builder since... well i need the images, since the models are rendered and i wont be rendering them, I would like to request some help to get the renders as PNG files in a 128*128 size. in a 3/4 view with textures, and also the icon images as transparent PNG files 64*64, so I can present a preview of the icon displayed on the game.

regards
-wins
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

There are a bunch of icons in the tech tree. I renamed them to be easier to deal with, and added new techs, for use in the Guide. I'll zip them up for you at some point.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I'll take that as you liked my app... lol
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Oh yeah.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

O_o feel some lack of enthusiasm :(
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

never the less, its funny how when you use this kind of tool find out that there are a lot of weird things in this game...

A lot of researches are classified in the "Body" Component type, like the "CB tower", "Auto Repair", and "Sensor Upgrade Mk2", just to name a few, and even more hilarious to see the "Propulsion" Component type where you would find things such as "EMP mortar pit", and "Twin Assault Gun Hardpoint"

I wonder if those have an specific reason to be there (hope so), or they are just thrown in there, since there is this "0" Component type that seems like the trash can, everything that does not fits a category goes here.

I would be asking question about he files on a different topic, and leave this one only for program comments.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

winsrp wrote:never the less, its funny how when you use this kind of tool find out that there are a lot of weird things in this game...

A lot of researches are classified in the "Body" Component type, like the "CB tower", "Auto Repair", and "Sensor Upgrade Mk2", just to name a few, and even more hilarious to see the "Propulsion" Component type where you would find things such as "EMP mortar pit", and "Twin Assault Gun Hardpoint"

I wonder if those have an specific reason to be there (hope so), or they are just thrown in there, since there is this "0" Component type that seems like the trash can, everything that does not fits a category goes here.

I would be asking question about he files on a different topic, and leave this one only for program comments.
You're probably looking at the wrong column. "CB tower" isn't even a component; how can it have a component type? Are you talking about CB turret? It has the correct component type of SENSOR, see:

R-Sys-CBSensor-Turret01,Sys-CBTurret01,SENSOR,0,0,8

Looks fine to me. o_O
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Zarel wrote:You're probably looking at the wrong column. "CB tower" isn't even a component
CB tower = Body component

R-Sys-CBSensor-Tower01,Level Two-Three,0,0,IMAGE_RES_SYSTEMTECH,0,0,RES_SY_CBSTW1,Sys-CB-Tower01,0,BODY,3600,0,2,0,0,0,1,0,0

Auto Repair = Body Component

R-Sys-Autorepair-General,Level All,IMAGE_RES_GRPREP,0,IMAGE_RES_COMPUTERTECH,ICCCCONS.PIE,0,RES_SY_AR,0,0,BODY,14400,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1

Should I continue?
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

The Sensor Category is the only one that looks good to me... even sensor towers are not there... game reasons i guess