Research tree editor

For code related discussions and questions
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Research tree editor

Post by Zarel »

No, "0,BODY" just means "not a component". Ignore it.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

any other interesting combination i should be aware of?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

0,any component type

means "not a component".
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Ding! Icons are done.
Attachments
icons.zip
(423.15 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

This looks like a very useful tool - probably most useful for quick user-friendly rebalancing :c)

Would you consider a future version supporting the loading and saving of named tech tree files? It would take the game one step closer to supporting multiple faction and campaign tech trees :)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

not to brag about it, but you see the button on top that says find folder, well, this request the root folder where MP.wz (base.wz, or any other mod for this case) is extracted, so you can just load one mod, and then load another as you wish... and it will write all the files, actually this is the slow version (just to know what is what), just wait and see the fast version for making changes... ;)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Zarel, I have downloaded the icons but, the ones i need to look like the Radar Detector clear images, just the component, no bars, images or anything else.

And the icons on the upper left and upper right, as transparent images, so i can build the complete image in the program, and thus when you change the icon on the program it will reflect the same change on the game.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

A little bragging is healthy ^_~

Good to hear.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

winsrp wrote:Zarel, I have downloaded the icons but, the ones i need to look like the Radar Detector clear images, just the component, no bars, images or anything else.
No one has those. If we did, I'd be using those in the Guide.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

hmmm... ain't there a way to grab the pies, and put them back in blender and have a render done? maybe orlox or magnus can help on this. (since they are doing the art revolution stuff and all), we might as well use the new renders, I hope that they will be remaking all the models in the game.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Ok now I have made some classification between, what has structure name <> 0 and component name <> 0, and put them in their own categories, still I think that for non components the component type should be 0, to clean out data.

Here is the first Alpha version of the tool for you guys to test it out. At this point i wont accept error reports since errors are not being handled ATM, only feature requests.

Requirements to use the program, .net 3.5 or greater installed.

In order to use it, you need to

#1 extract the stats folder inside mp/base.wz somewhere and point to that folder on the find folder option.
#2 put the names.txt file found in mp/base.wz in messages/strings, inside the stats folder.

Note: If you extract base.wz, then use the names.txt inside base, if you use mp.wz use the names.txt found on mp.

Works on winxp/win vista/win 7 (all versions 32/64 bits)

enjoy.

<<This version has been removed, See below post for most updated version>>
Last edited by winsrp on 22 Oct 2009, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

So I have added the rest of the research files into the mix here, and added a find button since... crap... its hard to find stuff in such a big list.
Warzone Modifier.zip
Warzone Modifier v0.0.0.2
(54.72 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

WOW! Your editor looks totally awesome! GUI is much spot on! I can't wait until your program is perfected. Great work! Keep it up! :D
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

zoid wrote:WOW! Your editor looks totally awesome! GUI is much spot on! I can't wait until your program is perfected. Great work! Keep it up! :D
Tx, I'll try to post regular updates about once every 1-2 weeks, to see if I can make it all work together.

The good thing of these kind of programs is that they auto clean the files, with only useful information, removing comments and stuff like that. And sorting them in a more understandable way. (at least for mods, normal development might want to leave comments there.)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well, now the app updates the research.txt file when the generate files is clicked. Im finishing up the modification of the requirements, results, redundant section so I can generate the other files too, and with that, the research section would be complete (except for the image generation part, which I would still want the clean pics of the models in order to finish it).

Next version will probably come around Saturday, stay tunned.

Later on I will start working on the weapons/bodies/structures files, and see what comes out.

cheers. ;)