Research tree editor

For code related discussions and questions
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Re: Research tree editor

Post by milo christiansen »

Are you going to release the source? I know a little vb 2008 and I want to see how you did some things. There is a open source .net run-time that works for Linux but I forget what its called.

Also: I cant wait till this is done. It looks like some one (winsrp :P ) took the WZCK and added more features, while also fixing its awful GUI :D .
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

yeah... things are going quite well actually... making it really easy to modify things, once I clean out some errors ill share the new version.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well, current status:

The program can now handle almost all files inside the stats folder, in a table way with some filters quite useful, and of course it will generate the files with the changes with a click of a button, which is really useful.

I still have not worked on how to modify the research tree directly from the tool since... I'm still thinking in the best way to make it work, but it will probably work with right click menus over the tree views.

I'm also trying to show all the relations on the research tree... so if you have a trigger function as a result of a research then under its entry it will show the function name that runs, so you can change it there, or change it on the functions grid. Same goes for other weird researches such as cyborg flamer... where you research a body, that relates to a template, that relates to a propulsion and a weapon... total mess.

thats it for now...