Player Rankings in Ver. 3.2.3?

For code related discussions and questions
danield34
Greenhorn

Player Rankings in Ver. 3.2.3?

Post by danield34 »

I recently ran through my game's files to look at my player stats, and I noticed that the middle 3 values here were identical.
Is it normal for these digits to stay just as they are, or did I just find a bug?

Default:
WZ.STA.v3
0 0 0 0 0

My stats:
WZ.STA.v3
4 0 0 0 16

By the way, I am using Version 3.2.3 on Windows 10.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Re: Player Rankings in Ver. 3.2.3?

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

danield34 wrote:I recently ran through my game's files to look at my player stats, and I noticed that the middle 3 values here were identical.
Is it normal for these digits to stay just as they are, or did I just find a bug?

Default:
WZ.STA.v3
0 0 0 0 0

My stats:
WZ.STA.v3
4 0 0 0 16

By the way, I am using Version 3.2.3 on Windows 10.
they are for your ranking.

the higher the numbers the higher the rank.

Code: Select all

WZ.STA.v3
4 0 0 0 93
MIIBRAIBAQQcj4HojvzTGEQCq7GGJvvW7/MDr2PFpcUMvXa3U6CB4jCB3wIBATAoBgcqhkjOPQEBAh0A/////////////////////wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATBTBBz////////////////////+///////////////+BBy0BQqFDASzq/VBMlZQRLC317/YuicLOUMjVf+0AxUAvXE0R5nVx/zcRbWfo7mrj2qUi8UEOQS3Dgy9a7S/fzITkLlKA8HTVsIRIjQygNYRXB0hvTdjiLX3I/tMIt/mzUN1oFoHR2RE1YGZhQB+NAIdAP//////////////////FqLguPA+E90pRVxcKj0CAQGhPAM6AAT7JCMJKk9MvqBz8IlGr1O+qEoheCG5sRHIKdTTBkqBi1q0M9AO2CDQCGHMM8xqy/z+/ckxd/Y4jg==
danield34
Greenhorn

Post by danield34 »

they are for your ranking.

the higher the numbers the higher the rank.
I already knew that, but is it usual for those 3 numbers in the middle to stay the same?
It's not a big deal for me; I was just curious if that were normal or not.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

The rank is defined by number of kills and wins and mybe skirmish and multi player if you have missed skirmish or miltu play they might be 0.

Code: Select all

WZ.STA.v3
12 3 5070 8759821 38
These are my stats
danield34
Greenhorn

Post by danield34 »

...if you have missed skirmish or miltu play they might be 0.
As of now, Skirmish is all that I've ever used my profile on, and they're still not changing.
danield34
Greenhorn

Post by danield34 »

Okay. I initially thought I had to rank up before these middle 3 numbers would start changing. I checked the wiki, which suggested that I needed over 4 wins to rank up. I had recently raised my win-counter to 7 just to test this theory, only to realize that those 3 numbers are still stuck, likely preventing me from earning stars.

WZ.STA.v3
7 0 0 0 22

Keep in mind that it isn't a very big deal for me, personally; I just wanted to address this before someone else experienced this same problem. Any help would still be warmly appreciated.

Also, sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for potential bug-reports. I couldn't find any better place to put this.
Last edited by danield34 on 15 Aug 2018, 02:59, edited 2 times in total.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

danield34 wrote:Keep in mind that it isn't a very big deal for me, personally; I just wanted to address this before someone else experienced this same problem. Any help would still be warmly appreciated.
You are entitled to have a say in this ranking and to honestly gain rank is noble.
I have no ideas how the rank is done in the code but i suggest you try some multi-player games see if that works for you.
You can arrange games in the warzone Freenode IRC channel #warzone2100-games there is a webchat link on the home page of http://wz2100.net.
You can also try the campaign it might help your rank see the campaign option in the games list.
and as a PS try version 3.1.5 until the new release comes out which hopefully won't be long.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

The rank stuff is really simple (see this). Saving rank information does not work, I would think, if cheat/debug mode is active.

According to loadMultiStats() the actual order of those five values saved are wins/losses/totalKills/totalScore/TotalGameMenuExits(?).

Your stats file shows you won 7 matches, lost zero times, and probably attempted to setup 22 games in the mean time(?). Losses I can confirm saves correctly, just tried it, but the total kills/score is staying zero.

After some digging I can say total kills and score are only saved if playing on an actual multiplayer match in functions updateMultiStatsKills() and updateMultiStatsDamage(). Which means the top star is multiplayer exclusive.

So playing true multiplayer matches should make those numbers change.