Warzone 2117

For code related discussions and questions
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2117

Post by Bethrezen »

I'm curious have you never considered just helping to improve the current warzone because there is still lots that needs doing, for example the current warzone still has a lot of issue with pathing although to the best of my knowledge no one is currently working on trying to improve this.

There is also work being done on Display Scaling, Window Resizing, High DPI support which needs testing and improving so you could always help with that perhaps.

I'm currently play testing the campaign along with a couple of others to help get the campaign working correctly as the last release had a lot of bugs so the campaign didn't work properly as a result.

you could also have a look at git hub and see if you can fix some of the outstanding issues and then make some patches.

Or another possibility instead of completely building a new game which is in my opinion a little overly ambitious for a new programmer, why not create a new campaign for the current game that picks up where gamma campaign finishes even doing that would require a massive amount of work, you could initially release it as a mod and then perhaps later on you could revisit the possibility of turning that mod into a sequel when you have a bit more experience.

Lets face it you would have to create the levels for your sequel anyway so wouldn't it be far simpler and make far more sense to just create some new levels for the current game and then just port them later on, just a though.

While i have nothing against ambition and I'd certainly encourage you to have a go if you think you can I'd also caution you not to bite off more then you can chew because otherwise you will end up getting overwhelmed ultimately it's much better to take baby steps start with some simpler stuff first and then work your way up.

Remember KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid
getmam
New user

Post by getmam »

I think I am not clear enough.
I mean the target (available on ios, android and raspberry pi) is good, but not want to make a new game, sorry.

I think it is hard to make that because system resource constraints in an embedded hardware include raspberry pi. At last, I had given up.

Raspberry pi 3B get a bad performance at 1024 x 800.
  • Hardware: raspberry pi 3B
    Config: Use vc4-kms-v3d
    Config: Use 'gpu_mem=448' at /boot/config.txt
    Result: Working at 1024 x 800, but it get a low opengl performance (about 13-20 fps).
I don't expect to make it fit to my raspberry pi. But I very support opensource software.

<Keep It Simple Stupid>
I remember now.
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Post by moltengear »

A new version of the raspberry Pi 3 model B+ with a new processor has been released. 1.4 GHz
You see, until now we have not gotten rid of the old code. The work is underway. If we get rid of it, then making improvements will be much easier. :)
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

If you're testing with a small, resource-constrained system, you should test with a recent build of the `master` branch, which has a number of recent performance enhancements. See: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

I found out how to run warzone2100 on android once.
logan974
New user

Post by logan974 »

:D Warzone 2100 on Mars;very good idea!!!